Chapter 39 - Waking Up

Chapter 39

3rd POV

Waking up

He opened his eyes to the familiar white ceiling. It was morning and the light stung his eyes. Blinking, he wondered why he was there and not in his mindscape where he usually was when not awake.

He tensed his body, trying to sit up, but a sharp pain tore through him, forcing him to lay back on the bed with a hiss through clenched teeth. Harry's gaze was on the ceiling and it hurt too much to move his head.

Memories drifted into his conscious mind and he tried to gasp to get up again, forgetting about the pain. With a strangled gasp of agony, he collapsed back to the bed.

"Fleur." He croaked, drawing Madame Pomphreys attention.

Harry only then realized that his voice had been rasping and barely audible.

"Mr. Potter, I really wish you would stop coming here in a worse condition every time. Now, everything is okay. Fleur is in the bed next to you asleep. You both have slept for the last two days, you exhausted your magical cores, she more so than you." Poppy explained with a soothing voice that Harry felt himself relax at hearing her words.

Harry coughed as he swallowed a collection of potions, each seeming to taste worse than the last. Once he had taken the potions forced on him, there was a smile on the older woman's face.

"Mr. Potter, you did a heroic thing at Avalon. I won't pretend to understand what you did, but you saved a lot of people, now those people who had been controlled can go home to their families. All thanks to you, you saved more than the people who were present." A small tear ran down her face as she leaned over his face so he could see her, then she frowned.

"Though I wish you weren't so damn reckless at the same time." SHe finished before smirking and waving a wand something behind his head.

A copper plaque levitated into his field of view.

'Harry Potter's bed of recovery.' was embossed on the plaque, bold for anyone entering the hospital wing to see.

With a wave her wand the plaque went back to its place on the wall.

"The headmaster thought it would be a good time to commemorate what seems to be an increasing trend with you gracing my infirmary with your presence." She smirked and Harry laughed.

Or tried to, his chest was tight, and pain tore through him.

"I think it's starting to increase over the years." He joked, a grin on his face as she huffed, the corner of her lips twitching as her eyes danced, the only signs of her amusement.

"That was why Albus has commemorated this bed." She shook her head and turned away from him.

Harry leaned back in the bed, allowing his body to relax as much as possible. His eyes grew heavy as he thought about how glad he was that Fleur was okay after what she had done at Avalon.

-------------

Harry woke in a forest, though it was a forest filled with trees he had never seen. There was a soft light shining through the leaves, showing the forest floor in dappled light. It looked like it was late afternoon as the sun shone down at him on an angle, hinting that the forest would be dark in just a few hours. There was a warm breeze, something that confused Harry who was unfamiliar with the warm breezes, especially as he spent most of his time in Scotland.

A stream was nearby, the tinkling sound of water winding down the slight slope of the forest, making him think he was on a mountain somewhere. It was a peaceful, relaxing place that he couldn't help the sense of peace that filled him.