Chapter 11 - Danger on the Express

Chapter 11
3rd POV
Danger on the Express

Harry sat in a compartment in the Hogwarts Express,his eyes closed as he practiced an aspect of occlumency that Godric had taught him over the summer. With his eyes closed he could focus on the surrounding area, to sense the magic that surrounded him.

He had used the technique in Grimmauld Place, but it had blinded him with how thick the magic was in that palace. But on the train, he could sense the magic in its different hues, Godric had told him the hues he saw were the way his mind intercepted the magic, not the color of the magic itself.

With magic filled the train, and he could feel the individual magical signatures of the parents and students that loitered outside the train, he wasn't able to tell them apart. They were a sea of blues, reds and greens and every shade in between.

He heard the whistle of the express sound, signaling the trains imminent departure and chuckled as two familiar magical signatures approached his compartment.

His suspicions were correct as he turned off his magic sensing to see Ron and Hermione enter the compartment.

"Hi Harr-" Ron started, then froze.

"Ron what-" Hermione said as she pushed Ron into the compartment before freezing beside him.

Harry blinked as his normal sight returned to show the dumbstruck expressions of his friends.

"Uh, hey guys. What's going on?" Harry asked, his head cocked to the side.

The two gaped at him for a moment before Ron blurted.

"Mate, you're massive."

Harry blinked, then remembered the rituals Godric had been teaching over the summer were supposed to have this effect on him.

They made his body perform at its peak, he was approaching as strong and quick as a human body can naturally be. Which would then signal the next stage of rituals, all of which used to be common practice in Hogwarts' early years.

Harry watched Ron's face, his slack jawed expression of shock and couldn't help but feel a pang of discomfort in the presence of his two friends. Ron stood around six feet tall and his lanky frame gave hints of Ron's eventual mature body. While Harry knew he stood at just over six feet tall and because of the rituals and training over the summer he was covered with thin, yet strong muscles. Not enough to get in the way or to slow him down, speed was Harry's strength and he had learnt that in his training.

Harry gave his friends an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry guys, I've been training with Sirius and Remus all summer. Now that Voldemort is back, I have to prepare." He explained as the two sat down opposite him, with matching expressions of worry on their faces.

"Harry, you don't have to fight him. You know that right?" Hermione, hesitating as she finished. She was chewing her lower lip and her hands rubbed together in a nervous gesture she'd had since first year.

Harry noticed Ron bouncing his knee, his own nervous gesture since he'd known the other boy.

Harry gave a sad sigh, first meeting Ron's gaze before holding Hermione's.