Chapter 10 - Results

Chapter 10
3rd POV
Results

Harry's next few days passed in a blur of training. He had received his OWLs results the day after he had seen Fleur, proud was an understatement as to how he felt about them. Harry grinned as he looked at his OWL results, ten OWLs.

He had missed out on Divination which he didn't care about and had gotten O's in Potions, Defence, History of Magic and Transfiguration and E's in the others.

Harry was ecstatic about his results, considering he was a year early and two of his OWLs were from Arithmancy and Ancient Runes, classes he hadn't taken in Hogwarts, but he had cheated by having Godric take over his body for the exams. He would learn them properly, but this was so simply expedited the situation.

A letter had also come from Professor McGonagall asking to confirm his new classes, to which he had continued Astronomy, Charms, Defence, herbology, History of Magic, Potions, Transfiguration, Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. He has asked to drop Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

When Harry had opened the letter from McGonagall, a perfect badge had fallen out of it and his heart had sunk. He'd placed the badge in a confirmation letter to his head of house, in addition to a more personal letter he had written for the stern professor.

Dear Professor McGonagall,

As much as it pains me to tell you this, I feel that I must.

I cannot accept that prefect position this year. I honestly feel that I cannot put in the effort that such a position requires. While I appreciate the trust in me you have shown in offering it to me, I simply cannot not do it justice.

On a similar note, I will have to pull out from the Quidditch team also for the same reasons.

I know this may be a bit of a shock, but once I get back to Hogwarts, I will explain everything to you. It's just not something that can be explained in a letter.

All I can say right now, in a letter, is that I am busy and will be busy this year with preparing myself for the fallout of the third task.

Again, I will explain all of this to you in person upon my return to Hogwarts. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience I have caused.

Thank you,

Harry Potter.

Harry had spent much of the day at his writing desk, Dobby even having to bring him up for lunch. He had written letters to Hogrid, apologising for not taking his class for NEWTs. Another letter to Hermione, telling her about his results and asking how her summer wsa going. Then after he had finished his results and asked her, summer was going. Then after he had finished his lunch he leant back in his chair, feeling the satisfying crack of his back as he stretched, he looked over his letter to Fleur.

Dear Fleur,

I just got my results for my early OWls, I got ten, so I'm pretty happy with that. Anyway, I wish you could take your NEWTs at Hogwarts; I don't want to wait until next year to see you again, especially after your goodbye the last time.

A guy could get used to that.

Anyway, I hope everything is going well with you and that Gabrielle is excited to be returning to school. Can you tell her that my understanding of French is getting better? I'm nowhere near fluent yet, but I think I can get by at least.