Chapter 47 - Voldemort

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, Harry, but we either fight Voldemort or we fight Grindelwald. We can't do both."

Harry snarled, his hands thumping the table in front of him, staring at the map on it.

A hand rested on his shoulder adn he felt the tension ease in his shoulders.

"It will be alright, 'Arry." Fleur murmured and Harry let out a long breath, calming himself.

He straightened his shoulders.

"Fleur and I will protect the ministry while you go stall Grindelwald. Once we're done with Voldemort, we'll follow you to Nurmengard." He paused, running a hand through his hair.

"Though I don't know the way." Harry admitted, then Fawkes squaked, flapping his large wings and crossing the room to land on his head, drawing grim smiles from the room.

"Yes, Fawkes probably is the best idea." The headmaster agreed before standing, letting out a pained groan as he stepped away from his throne-like chair.

"We have no time to waste. Harry, you have become a remarkable young man. I am proud to have seen you grow these last five years." Dumbledore held a hand to Harry's shoulder for a few moments before turning to Fleur.

"Ms. Delacour, you have been a wonderful addition to our castle, and I think you are a good influence for Harry. Look after him, please." He urged and Fleur smiled with a nod.

Dumbledore stepped back, gave them both a final nod before disappearing with a pop.

Harry turned to Fleur.

"'Arry, you better not be trying to think of a way to stop me from joining you." Harry ducked his head, sheepish. That was exactly what he'd been contemplating.

She flicked her wand and her patronus shot out, tearing through the air before disappearing through the wall of the office.

Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Informing the veela where they will be needed."

Harry nodded with a soft smile before nodding, disrupting the bird on his head.

"Fawkes, we're ready to go."

With a soothing trill, Fawkes spread his wings wide while Fleur wrapped Harry in a hug, kissing him.

They left Hogwarts in a blaze of flame.

------------------

Harry and Fleur dropped to one knee as they arrived in the atrium of the ministry, Fawkes trilling at them as he flew into an alcove about to watch the battle.

They had arrived in the midst of a battle, it was carnage. Fallen ministry workers littered the floor while only a handful of death eaters joined them. It looked like Voldemort had taken the opportunity to take over magical Britain while the aurors were fighting a larger war.

An explosion rocked the atrium, as the floo terminal burst to life, spewing out dozens of death eaters. The explosion felt like it came from below while even more death eaters crawled out from the flue terminal.

Using both wands, Harry fired constant piercing hexes, taking down the death eaters almost as quickly as they entered the atrium.

Then, dozens of people tore out of the apparition terminal down the hallway, converging on the atrium. The newcomers fired too many curses for Harry to keep up with, but he noticed that all of them were deadly if they hit.

With one wand he tore a wall out fot eh floor in front of him that collapsed so soon as it appeared, torn apart by the dozens of spells that hit it.

Harry knew Fleur was working on defensive spells beside him and he stepped to the side, covering her from view as he gave her the time needed to set up their defenses.