Chapter 43

Lilac P.O.V

My body had gone numb, leaving me a shocked mess.

"Lilac," Landon says as he hands me the babies, "We've planned this out multiple times, I just need you to get below the pack house in the haven with the twins," He instructs calmly.

I try to control my breathing, afraid that I might be hyperventilating. Landon notices my breathing.

He grabs my hand and places it on with chest. "Breath with me, Lilac. In and out, just like that," He instructs once again.

Landon smiles as my breathing returns to normal. He places a hand on my belly and kisses my cheek.

"Now, go, Maya will lead you."

I nod before looking around for Maya, when I spot her, I quickly waddle over to her.

Maya takes Leo from my arms, helping lessen my load. "All the other she-wolves in the pack already know the procedure, we don't have to worry about them," She says as she pulls me down a secret flight of stairs behind a false panel in the hallway.

II look a around the dark, moist tunnel in shock. Panic soon swells up in me as I realize the situation.

My mate is about to go into war and I didn't give him a dramatic kiss nor did I start crying, begging him to stay safe.

I left him to go fight in a war without saying goodbye, just incase our family is never reunited.

That startling thought makes my breathing pick up once again.

I stop walking, afraid that I'm going to pass out.

Luka whimpers as his fist grip my shirt tightly.

"Lilac, what's wrong?" Maya asks, a hand resting on my stomach. I open my mouth to answer but quickly close it when I feel a tightening in my pelvis.

No... I know what that tightening is and I don't like what it might lead to.

I try to focus on something else as I move to take another step down the stairs.

"How far along are you again, Maya?" I ask as my abdomen loosens, making me release a relieved sigh.

Maya frowns. "20 weeks, why?"

"I'm just curi-" I stop once again as my abdomen tightens.

Maya's frown deepens as she turns her head towards the rest of the stairs.

"Heather!" She yells out. Not a second later, Heather is beside me touching my belly.

Heather helps me down the rest of the stairs after handing Luka to Maya. She asks me simple questions about the baby, my due date and how I'm feeling right now.

"It sounds like you're in active labor. Have you felt any contractions before this?"

I look back at Maya, worried about my sons.

"Tiny little cramping here and there, nothing that would have stopped me or that I would have noticed," I say.

Heather nods as she looks around at all the pack women and children.

They were all looking at me worriedly. I'm guessing because we are all anticipating my water breaking.

"Come on, there's a separate room from all the women and children that is sound-proof just for reasons like this," Heather speaks softly as she leads me towards a closed door.

Once inside the room, I look around, taking in my surroundings.

The room is like a portable hospital. A little cabinet drawer with tools in it sat in the corner of the room, along with a medium sized bed in the middle of the room, the room is being illuminated by a small, bright lightbulb hanging from the ceiling.