Chapter 17

Lilac P.O.V

I was in shock for a minute, slightly confused and scared. My breathing picks up as I stare at Mason.

"W-what?" I stammer over my words easily. Mason sighs.

"It may not make sense, but-"

I sit up abruptly, making the twins jump. "Yeah it doesn't make sense! I mean, Lydia's dead." I let out a shaky breath. "She is dead, r-right?"

Landon stops massaging my feet, his eyes slowly turning to me. He sighs before reaching over to touch my stomach.

"Lydia doesn't give up easily. I'm pretty sure she has talked her way into some bargain." Landon mutters. He continues to rub my stomach, as if focusing on the fact that his kids were in the room, and he didn't want to blow his fuse.

"What kind of bargain can she talk her way into! She's dead." I say in exasperation. Mason rolls his eyes.

"She may be a ghost, but she got out of the death realm. As long as she's out, she can make deal a with anyone."

I sigh before taking Landon's hand into mine. The small gesture helped keep me cool and calm.

"Who would Lydia make a deal with?" I ask slowly. Mason rubs his chin again, his eyes glazed over with determination.

Sudden, Mason pops up, gaining Landon and I's attention.

"Of course! A sorcerer." Mason starts to pace in front of the couch. "It would explain why you were able to get hurt."

Landon raises an eyebrow curiously. "What are you talking about."

Mason holds up two fingers, his posture stiff and serious.

"Two main spells have been cast so far. A resurrection spell, and a negation spell." Mason smirks. "Are you getting my drift."

I rub my belly in worry while piecing together what Mason said. The resurrection spell was a no-brainer, but I don't exactly know what the negation spell is for.

"Negation spell?" I raise an eyebrow in question. Mason nods as he slowly walks over to me. He sits down on the table when he reaches me.

Mason reaches towards my stomach. "May I?" Taking my hand off my stomach, I nod in approval.

Landon stiffens as he stares at Mason's hand on my stomach, almost as if he would attack Mason if he causes me the slightest of pain.

"A negation spell can cancel out the power of another spell." Mason pulls his hand back. "That means a sorcerer is partly behind this."

I run my hand over the babies heads. "So it's a official? We're just assuming that's Lydia's behind all of this?"

Mason stares at me, his eyes wide. Mason opens his mouth to answer but Landon cuts him off.

"We're just trying to verify every suspect and their possible motives, Love."

I nod my head as I stand up with the twins in my arms. I begin to walk to the kitchen. Landon follows.

"How are you taking this?" Landon asks softly. I sigh before handing him the babies.

"I'm scared... Our child is growing safely inside of me." I open the fridge to avoid crying. "I don't want Lydia to ruin that."

I pull out an assortment of fruit and grab a knife. As I start to cut the fruit, Landon leans on the counter besides me.

"I'm going to be blunt about this, Love. If Lydia really is alive, then she's probably burning with fury."

I nod my head in understanding. "of course she's irritated, Landon!" Tears finally slip from my eyes. "She dies and then comes back to see her daughter in a relationship with her mate, she comes back to see that you have off-springs with another woman."

I wipe my eyes as I look at Landon.

Landon blows out a sigh before grabbing one of the already cut fruit and biting into it. The twins look at their father before glancing at me, the look in their eyes told me they want to be just like their father and eat fruit too.

I laugh as I search the fruit in the bowl for the smallest apple slices. I'm afraid that if I give them too big of a slice, they'll choke.

"Well, if Lydia is alive, she'll just have to deal with the fact that I'm in love with you. I refuse to leave you and our kids because Lydia doesn't know how to let go." Determination laces Landon's tone fiercely.

I was in shock when Mason walks into the kitchen nonchalantly. "Or you could just kill the psychotic b*tch."

I gasp at Mason, slight surprised that he said that. Landon glances back at him, his eyebrows raised.

"You know, if you would have said that about a year ago, I would have been angry." Landon then glances at me. "But that sounds like a really good idea at the moment."

I roll my eyes as I pick up my bowl of fruit. "I don't know what to say to the both of you." I say in disappointment.

Even though I want Landon to be all mine in every way, I was still kind of disappointed that he was able to think about doing something so barbaric to his true mate.

He didn't even feel the slightest feeling towards her? Not even one regret?

When I sit down the couch, Landon comes and sits besides me. His eyes held a look of anger.

"Look, Lilac. I know what you're thinking, but after Lydia hurt you like that... I just can't bring myself to feel any remorse for her." Landon explains.

I roll my eyes. "How do we know Lydia did this?" I ask to both of the frustrated men.

Mason groans as he walks more in front of me. "Now isn't the time to be nice, Lilac. I stopped being nice when I heard about somebody hurting my family." Mason glances at Landon.

"I'm pretty sure Landon is willing to protect his family at all cost, just like me. Especially since he has a baby on the way." Mason says. I sigh as I rest a hand on my belly.

I find myself almost at the verge of tears - I've been crying a lot lately - and force myself to suck the tears back in. Why was everything so much to handle at this point?

Landon pulls me to his body, probably feeling my dismal emotions. He kisses the top of my head gently and rests his hand on my belly.

"Shh... It's going to be alright." Landon mutters softly. The babies were quick to crawl onto my lap One again, they try to be just like their father by hugging me to the best of their ability with their tiny arms.

I laugh as I kiss the babies on the crowns of their heads.

Sitting up confidently, I look at Mason with determination. "Fine. If it really is Lydia, what do we do?"

Mason smirks. "Plan, of course. So if she does attack again, we'll be prepared."

I nod before glancing at Landon. He raises his eyebrow when he catches my eyes.

'I just want you to know that I'm not doing this so I can kill my mother.' I look down at the twins and my stomach. 'I'm doing this for our family.' I finish smoothly. Landon nods in understanding.

Look back at Mason, I draw in a long breath of air. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's start planning."