Chapter 35

Lilac P.O.V

1 Week Later

"I don't see why I have to wait a week before you bring me back to life. Everyday Landon gives into his wolf more and more, and everyday Hunter gets closer to dying." I whimper.

I run my fingers over the crystal ball as I stare at Hunter's zombie-like figure.

"Don't worry about Hunter, Darling. He has suffered through your mate bound with Landon because I made a horrible mistake."

I shake my head. "How can I not worry about Hunter? He is dying, all because of me!"

Ophelia grabs my hand before resting it on my belly. "You have a child to care about. Plus, I'm not leaving Hunter hanging. I have a second chance mate for him." Ophelia shrugs. "I don't do second chance mates a lot," She says.

I sigh in relief as I hand the crystal ball back to Ophelia. "Can you show me Landon?" I ask softly.

Ophelia nods. "You're waiting a week because your pack doctor is... "restoring" your body back to its former self. Do you want to come back to life in a beaten and bruised body?"

I hesitate before shaking my head. Ophelia smiles before handing me the crystal ball.

The scene before me shows Landon staring down at my pale body in a freezer sort of room. From the looks of it, Heather had cleaned my body and brushed out my hair.

It was different from my usual subtle curls.

"Wow, she really knows how to make a dead person look fashionable!" Ophelia says in astonishment.

I roll my eyes as I focus on Landon's figure. Tears slowly fill my eyes.

Landon's usual muscular physique looked frail and weak. His brown eyes looked dull, almost as if a portal to his soul. He looks horrible.

The tears fall from my eyes just as the tears in Landon's eyes fall.

Landon looks away from my body before closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Love." He whispers before pecking my cheek gently. Landon moves out of the body storing room before storming out of the pack hospital.

Heather tries to call after him, but he doesn't stop.

"What's happening? Why did he say sorry?!" I bombard Ophelia.

Ophelia takes the crystal ball from me just as Landon shifts into his wolf.

"He is giving into his wolf, Sweetheart." Ophelia says softly. I shake my head as tears flow from my eyes stronger.

"You have to bring me back, Ophelia. Please, I can't let him do this." I whimper. She nods as if she already knows that.

"I might miss you actually, Lilac." Ophelia sighs. "I don't know if was I keeping you here for your own benefit or my own pleasure," She whispers.

I smile before opening my arms, even though I didn't suspect her to hug me. I'm taken by surprise when she wraps her arms around me tightly.

Ophelia pulls back before staring into my eyes and gripping my shoulders. "I'm on your side now. If anybody thinks they're are going to mess with you and Landon, they've got another thing coming."

I smile at her but don't say anything. Ophelia takes this as a chance to continue.

"I'll always be there for you... You could say I kind of consider you my daughter now. Be safe, okay?" She whispers.

My smile widens before nodding. "I'll miss you, too," I reply softly.

Ophelia breathes in before taking my hands into hers. "This may burn a little," She says in warning.