Chapter 32

Landon P.O.V

I drop Lydia's severed arm, my breathing harsh and uneven. I scan over the mess of blood, intestines and just random chunks of skin before giving a huff.

She deserved this...

I mean, what did Lydia expect me to do? Give her a kiss and tell her it's alright that she mutilated my mate?

Our daughter?

"Landon, Lilac's pulse is slowing rapidly." Mason says hurriedly. I quickly shift into my human form, not even caring that I'm naked, before running to Lilac.

I grip her cold hand tightly as I look into her dull, brown eyes. "No, Sweetheart. Don't die on me." I plead. My hand brushes against Lilac's belly gently as I felt my heart tighten.

"The twins need you... I need you." I say weakly.

It's useless

Lilac's pulse didn't exist anymore, neither did my unborn pup's. I felt the rage and sadness build up inside of me as my heart loosens into a fire-like burn.

My wolf crawls at my insides, making the lament in going through ten times worse.

Lydia's first death wasn't even near this pain, her second death doesn't even make me feel penitence.

Things have changed so much...

I gently pick up Lilac's body before I lay a soft peck on her lips, I then do the same to her belly.

"I love you. I always have and I always will." I whisper as I single tear leaves my eyes left eyes. Mason stays quiet as her reaches his hand out towards me.

I'm quick to growl at him, not wanting him near Lilac and me. Partly because I just want to kill myself at the moment so I can die with my true love.

"Landon... we have to find the twins. They are here somewhere." Mason says slowly. I shake my head, my hands slowly caressing Lilac's belly.

I suspected her to pop up like in the Disney movies, saying that she's alive and that some magical force has brought her back... but she didn't.

"She was carrying my child, Mason!" I put my face in my palms. "And now, she's dead."

I move one of my hands away from my face and run it down the side of Lilac's.

I wasn't only suffering from losing my mate, but also from losing my one and only daughter.

"I know, but we have to find the twins." Mason insists again. I don't reply.

I know Lilac is dead and I know she isn't coming back. So I should try to find the twins for the sake of Lilac and our, now dead, unborn pup. I just couldn't muster up the energy to stand up.

'Let me take over. We'll be able to forget the death of our mate easier.' My wolf says stiffly.

I shake my head at him mentally. 'Mason's right. We need to find our sons.'

My wolf sighs. 'This isn't like Lydia's death. I can't just push away the suicidal thoughts.' He pauses. 'I can't go on without her, without our child.'

He's right. We can't go on without Lilac.

Even though it felt good to hold my mate in my arms but it would be better if she was alive. I once again fight the urge to cry.

"Landon, we really need to find the twins." Mason says with more force. I growl at him in anger.

"No, Mason! Go find them yourself." I close as my eyes as the tears a finally flow out of my eyes. "I can't leave her."