Chapter 42

Lilac P.O.V

Four weeks later

This is definitely a dream but it feels so real...

I look around my surroundings slowly, realizing that I'm in a small little clearing with beautiful, multicolored flowers sprouting up from the soil.

The tree line extended around the whole clearing, leaving me stuck in this beautiful, yet confining, space.

My eyes flicker to the right when I sense movement.

There, emerging from the dark green thicket, is Ophelia.

I gasp. "Ophelia, why am I here, I-"

She stops me by holding up a perfectly manicured finger. "I don't have much time. This is only a dream, and it won't be long before you wake."

I nod for her to continue.

"It may take a while for Hunter to find his second chance mate," Ophelia says slowly.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why?"

"One, I just haven't decided on the perfect second chance mate for him, and let's be honest here, Hunter deserves the perfect second chance mate, especially everything he has gone through because of my mistake."

I nod my head in understanding.

Hunter does deserve it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't set up a way for him to get something from me.

Just a couple weeks ago, Hunter asked for a favor that I didn't intend to agree to, but somehow, after Hunter walked away from me, I had "agreed" to his request because of his natural talent at twisting peoples' words

Landon was taken aback when I first told him about Hunter's desire, but he soon grew angry, and with his anger came possessiveness.

I attempted to calm him down multiple times, but it didn't help much, all it did was make his wolf take control.

My wolf took control of course, but it worked. I'm guessing because wolves know what other wolves want.

The end result was me waking up with my clothes strewn across the room, our nude bodies laid snuggled together but disoriented on the large bed.

I look Ophelia in her moon-like eyes. "How long until you find him a perfect match?"

Ophelia shrugs. "A month? Maybe even two..."

"Is there any other reason why this process may take longer?" I ask.

"There is, but I can't do anything about it," Ophelia looks towards a lightening sky, worry clear in her eyes. I'm guessing that's how she knows she is running out of time.

"What is it?"

"Hunter's wolf. Even if his second chance mate is right in front of him, he won't know because his wolf hasn't accepted that there is another woman that is his mate that isn't you. Even if his wolf does know, he could restrain Hunter from noticing the mate bond with the woman," Ophelia explains.

I suck in a harsh breath, my hands growing clammy. "That's horrible. I can't-"

Ophelia cuts me off. "Don't worry about him, I'll handle this. You'll have enough on your hands in a short amount of time," She reprimands.

I nod slowly, resisting my urge to fight her on her orders.

"So, what do I worry about?" I ask exasperatedly.

Ophelia grabs my shoulders. "Worry about Landon and your pups. Plus, Landon has a whole past he hasn't revealed to you, if you keep pressuring him, and I know this for a fact, he'll tell you eventually."

"But-"

I'm met by Ophelia's manicured finger once again. "You should also worry about my sons, Erik and Thanatos, finding out about Landon's alpha blood," Ophelia glances at the sky again. "Now, Lilac, it's time for you to wake..."

••

I open my eyes slowly, before glancing around the room, my thoughts still processing the "dream" I just had.

The babies were still sleeping, but the jars of baby food on Landon's night stand tell me that they woke up a while ago, hungry and grumpy.

I look to my side to see Landon gone. A frown settles on my face.

"Lan-"

The bathroom door opens slowly to reveal a wet Landon.

I take in a deep breath as my eyes scan over the droplets of water running down his muscled chest.

Landon's hair is slicked down to his forehead and a noticeable bulge is protruding from the soft towel wrapped around his midsection.

"You like what you see?" Landon asks as he eyes me, his body striding towards the dresser.

I run my fingers through my hair. "Well, it's a sin for a daughter to think that her father is sexy," I say with a smile on my face.

Landon releases a laugh, his burly body beside mine before I can even blink.

"Well, if that's the case, then I'm going to hell."

I start to laugh as I wrap my arms around his neck. A soft kiss turns into me on my back, one of Landon's hand massaging my thigh while the other massages my belly.

Landon kisses down my body slowly until his lips meet my belly.

I close my eyes and bask in the feeling of his lips on my skin. It feels so... real.

It made me see that the worlds judgement doesn't matter. There's one person I need approval from and that's Landon.

"Tell me a story from my childhood," I say as I run my fingers through his hair.

Landon looks up in surprise before smiling. "Well, the story of your birth is one of my favorites."

I smile back at him happily. "Tell me, what did you do when Lydia's water broke?"

Landon's lips move over my belly again before he kisses a random spot.

"I was scared. I didn't know the first thing to being a father, I was afraid that I would completely fail you, Lilac," Landon admits.

I move my hand from his scalp to his soft cheek.

"You didn't fail me, so applaud yourself for being a good father," I glance down at my belly, large with his growing child, "A really good father," I whisper.

Landon laughs. "Yes-"

The ringing of my phone draws my attention, making me groan.

Landon grabs my phone before handing it to me. I thank him before answer the call.

"Lilac, it's an emergency. You and Landon need to get the James's office now."

I didn't waste any time asking why or what.

Sitting up, I swing my legs over the bed, Landon following behind me quickly.

Soon, Landon is carrying the twins and we are on our way to Alpha James's office.

When we open the two large, oak doors, we are met Alpha James shooting out commands.

Alpha James hurries to us. "Pack patrol detected a unknown presence on our land. That was about seven miles from here and about five minutes ago," He says hurriedly.

Landon's posture instantly stiffens. "Does that me...?"

Alpha James nods. "Yes, the war is officially starting."