Chapter 39

Landon P.O.V

•One Month Later •

I stare at Lilac's sleeping figure, guilt bubbling up inside of me.

'She'll never be the same,' My wolf says lowly.

It's true. After Lilac's slow recovery in the hospital, we were finally able to go home a month later.

She was, and still is, scared to death of every unexplainable noise. Lilac tries to hide it, she tries to be strong and not act like the thought of Lydia returning chills her to the bone, but it still shows through.

Lydia isn't returning, and I'm pretty sure of that. Mason and Eden also made sure of that.

If only I could have protected my family better, this wouldn't have happened. My mate wouldn't have had to die and come back if I just protected her.

Mason seems to be happy though, with Eden back and the possibility of him being turned back into a werewolf, his life is going upward.

Lilac also got to know Eden. At first she would complain to me about how she was afraid that Eden still had something up her sleeve, but she eventually warmed up to her.

As for Hunter, much to my dismay, he now talked to Lilac on a regular basis via text.

Pulling Lilac into me more, I rest my hand on her large belly.

Lilac would be giving birth in seven weeks at the most, now that she's twenty weeks pregnant.

Once again, I'm worried and anxious. This is our third baby - my fourth child! I shouldn't be this fidgety.

Not only that, but the war seemed to be closing in on me, getting closer to Lilac's due date.

Suddenly, Lilac jolts awake, a light sheath of sweat covering her body. Her hands grip my body tightly.

I quickly sit up and pull Lilac's head into my chest. Her sobs are low and contained, a sign that she doesn't want to wake up the babies.

This isn't the first time Lilac has woken up like this. It has happened quite a lot since we checked out of the hospital.

"Shhh, Love, it's alright," I whisper softly. Lilac grips my body, restricting me from moving.

'We need to calm her down. Give her a massage or something,' My wolf says quickly. I roll my eyes.

I rub Lilac's back gently. "Do you want me to give you a massage, Love?" I ask.

Lilac pulls away slowly before nodding.

Soon, Lilac's back is being elevated by pillows while I slowly massage lotion into Lilac's large stomach.

"It was another one of those nightmares. You know, where I'm back at that horrible place and Lydia's torturing me again?" Lilac says softly.

I frown as the memory of Lilac telling me everything Lydia did to her pops in my head.

"Maybe I just need closure," Lilac rambles on.

I raise an eyebrow as I move to massage her feet. "Closure?"

Lilac nods. "Maybe I could go see Lydia's grave-"

"No," I say stiffly, "Lydia's grave isn't even a grave and I don't want you around there."

"Landon, these nightmares aren't good for me or the baby. You love us, don't you?" Lilac asks softly.

I nod. "Of course I love you. My beautiful mate and precious unborn child."

My knuckles gently push into Lilac's feet, making her release a pleasured sigh.

"Then let me have closure. I'm afraid to go to sleep because of these nightmares, and I need all the sleep I can get because of this baby."

I nod once again. "To be honest, I don't know where they buried Lydia. All I know is that they buried her here, somewhere she'll never escape from," I say as I continue to knead her foot.

Lilac sits up and turns around, showing her uncovered back to me.

"My hormones have been crazy lately, Landon. The only things floating through my mind is sex and sleep, and I can't even get sleep!" Lilac says unhappily.

I kiss Lilac's neck gently. "So, you either go to sleep or I have to... pleasure you?" I ask slowly.

Lilac starts to laugh, her hand dragging through her hair gently. "I guess so."

I push my knuckles into her back as I move my lips towards her neck. Lilac tilts her head to the side, allowing me access to her neck.

"It's just, my life has changed so much in one year. Just look how much has changed in one month!" Lilac groans, her head now laying on my shoulder.

I release a deep chuckle before kissing Lilac's neck. "You have started a relationship with you father, gave birth to twins, dealt with a crazy alpha that wanted to mate you, met your true mate, dealt with my psycho ex-mate, came back from the dead and you've met the moon goddess."

Lilac turns around slowly, giving me a clear view of her large belly. "When you say it like that, it seems like I have an active life."

I kiss her gently on the lips, my hands find her shoulders before pushing her down gently.

Lilac's lacy underwear have me hardening in a matter of seconds.

"You should sleep nude," I say randomly. Lilac gasps before smacking my chest.

"Well, Landon Tate West, you already sleep practically nude. Us naked together is a recipe for sex," Lilac says as scans over my shirtless chest.

I smile down at her. "Well, Lilac Addison West, I don't mind making love to you."

Lilac rolls her eyes, a hand rubbing her belly gently. I place my hands on her stomach too.

"I thought you were against sex after 20 weeks," Lilac teases as she stares in my eyes.

"I had to grow some balls and accept the fact that I can't hurt my child during sex. Plus, your body is too sexy to resist."

Lilac opens her mouth to reply but gasps when the baby kicks her harshly. Lilac rubs the spot Little Bear kicked.

"I guess someone wants out of mommy," I say lightly.

A smile spreads across her face, one of her hands moving to cup my face.

Lilac tilts my head up, before kissing me. "Our child will grow up in such a wonderful environment. With two protective brothers and a dangerous father, she'll surely never be hurt,"

I rest my lips on her belly before laying soft kisses all over it. "Daddy loves you Little Bear."

Little Bears moves towards me before giving a small jab with her foot. I kiss the spot gently as I think of when she'll be born.

I can't believe just how excited I am to see my child. Deep down, I hoped that I would be able to see my child born, I hoped that I would be holding Lilac's hand, not initiating in a war.

"Starting a relationship with my father was better than I suspected it to be. I wouldn't give up our family for anything," Lilac whispers as she runs a hand through my hair.

I nod in agreement. "It is, and I'll protect you better this time, I swear."

Lilac frowns before taking my face into her hands once again.

"Stop beating yourself up. Focus on me, the twins, our unborn pup," Lilac instructs.

I pull Lilac into another kiss, trying to savor as much of her as I can just incase she leaves me again.