Meeting The Family

PHOEBE POV

     I was so nervous to come here and see my brothers, again. I am not the same knobby-kneed kid, trying to make my parents happy anymore. I was such a mousey pushover. I loved to tinker with everything. They nicknamed me Gadget, like the mouse from the Rescue Ranger cartoon.

   When the plane landed, I claimed my bags and looked for them. When I saw them again, it was like no time had passed. They were still my eighteen-year-old brothers that always made time for me and encouraged me, to be my own person. They were the dynamic duo of Tater and Tot. I have missed them over the last decade. Keeping in touch over the phone, text, and email wasn’t the same. It was good but not like being there with them. God, I have missed them.

     I have been a bundle of nerves and excitement since Ry called last month, to tell me he got engaged. I have gotten to know Colby, aka Tech, a lot over the phone and through text since then. All I care about is that I can see and can hear how happy he makes my brother.

     I have to admit that when Ry told me his fiancé was in a motorcycle club, I was worried. I had only met and dealt with one MC before. The Satan’s Sinners. I had to remove some kids from them for abuse and neglect a couple of months ago. They weren’t good people. Hearing both Ry and Trey talk about Colby and the Sons of Silence, I had hope for them being different. I am glad I gave Colby a chance. He was so sweet and caring on the phone and text. I could tell he is completely in love with my brother. The clubhouse isn’t what I was expecting either. Families and kids were hanging around when we walked through the main room. I was expecting drugs and whores like Satan’s Sinners. I know they have club whores called sweetbutts here,  but they have rules they have to follow. 

     I hear a knock on my door interrupting my thought process. “Time for dinner.” Ry hollers. “Coming,” I reply. We go to the dining room together. It is a huge room with a large table. There have to be at least sixty people here. Some are kids but still. I must look somewhere between surprised and confused because an older gentleman walks up and states, “We are a family here. We like to have dinner together when we can. My name is Mayhem. I am the president of the Sons of Silence MC. Welcome to our home. You brothers have talked about you a lot.” He holds out his hand to shake. I shake his hand and he has a warm firm shake. Once we take seats by Ivy, her husband Wolf, and their boys, Mayhem states, “Alright, everyone let’s eat and welcome G-Man’s sister to our home.” That starts a chain reaction of “Welcomes” and the filling of plates.

    Everyone is carrying on conversations and making sure I am included. They ask me about my work. How I like Chicago. My hobbies. Whether I have ever been on a motorcycle. They genuinely seem interested in me and my life. It is nice and something I am not used to. As I am talking I am looking around trying to see and get to know everyone. There is one guy I can’t seem to stop looking at. He has been quiet and looks broody but every time he catches me looking he smirks or smiles. It would be hard to miss that giant of a man. I don’t know what it is about him but I am drawn to him. His next smile about stops my heart and melts my panties. I look for the giant after dinner to introduce myself but don’t see him. I say my goodnights before I head up for bed. I want to look good for my brother’s wedding tomorrow.