35

AUTHOR'S POV
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She slugged down a big class of cold water as few drops slid down the corner of her lips. A sense of relief knocked her senses making her heave a long sigh of relief.

She looked down at her clammy and shivering hands. The coldness of her skin was matching that of an ice cube. Her heart was beating loudly and wildly.

Living all those memories again was not pleasant at all. The images of those days and nights were vividly reminding her of the torture she has suffered.

Unshed tears were threatening to fall anytime down her eyes. But she controlled them. She just had a breakdown and it was enough to make her feel a bit better.

She held her bump and carefully sat on the chair. The cool and soothing breeze caressed her face, making the sweat vanish from her forehead and the skin between her nose and her upper lip.

"It's fine. You have done the right thing" she assured herself while squeezing her palms together.

After two minutes or so, she finally gathered herself and closed her eyes.

She ran her tongue on her dry lips recalling the conversation she just had with the person who she thinks, can help her.

"Hey, Saanvi. How are you?" A chirping voice came from the other end.

Saanvi took a deep breath before opening her mouth.

"I...I a-am good. How are you and the baby, Isha" she asked keeping her tone in control.

Her whole form was shuddering in fear and nervousness. A part of her mind was continuously telling her to cut this call. But the other side was pushing her towards this step.

"We both are doing pretty well. And what about the little bundle of joy inside your tummy?" Isha asked with a hint of happiness in her voice.

"I want...want to tell you some-ethi-ing, Isha" Saanvi uttered the moment Isha stopped.

"Is everything alright? What happened? Tell me" her usual chirpy voice turned serious instantly.

"I...Is-shaa" Saanvi"s tears started falling on their own. Her voice broke the moment she decided to let it all out.

"Saanvi....ar-re you okay? Tell me, please" Isha asked getting more worried.

"He...he ra-aped me. Arju-un raped me." She said breaking down completely.

The other end went dead silent the very next moment.

"Arj-jun?" A mere whisper came from Isha. "He raped you. Ho-ow.....no" she didn't know what to say as she was unable to form any word.

"I can't believe this. He can't do this. He is my brother. You are lying" Isha said in a stern voice after being silent for few minutes.

It wasn't easy for her to believe a girl, whom she barely knows. She trusted Arjun all these years. He cared for her and her baby. How could the same person rape his own wife?

"I wish I was" Saanvi muttered with a small yet sad smile.

"It's hard for you to believe me. I know but why would I lie, Isha? He blackmailed me into this marriage. Just because....I reje-ected his love. He raped me every night. He belted me and then again raped me. H-he impr-regnated me with-hout my will" Saanvi's words were flowing like a river.