7.

Author's POV

The windchime made a sweet soothing sound making a smile appear on Saanvi's face as she stepped out of the washroom. Throwing the towel on the bed, she walked towards the window.

The grey clouds welcomed her as she took in the outside view. The clouds were dancing in the sky, the breeze was a bit stormy yet calming.

The windchime shook again, this time making a loud sweet sound. Saanvi's smile brightened as she touched the wooden chimes.

It was a new day and a bright one indeed.

Inauguration of Khanna Event Management Firm. She was beyond happy.

She was feeling a bit uneasy in her tummy, which isn't new at all. She always feels this way whenever she is anxious or over excited.

The mixture of anxiety and excitement doesn't set well with her.

Looking at the clock, she palmed her face and started taking out her clothes from the wardrobe. She wasn't late but wanted to be there on time.

Changing into a cream shirt with high waisted jeans, she looked up at herself in the mirror. She tied her long hair in a loose bun and applied minimal makeup. Just kohl and lip balm.

After getting satisfied with her look, she wore her watch and made her way towards the hall.

Namisha was tapping on the remote repeatedly earning an annoyed sigh from Saanvi.

It has become a regular scene now. Her mother either taps the remote or the T.V. as it too doesn't work well.

"I told you to buy T.V." Saanvi said wearing her heels, "It doesn't cost that much plus I can afford it" she completed taking the remote from her mother.

Namisha rolled her eyes and said nothing making Saanvi more annoyed.

Saanvi too wants to save money as much as possible but also doesn't want to compromise in these basic things.

She knows that her mother loves watching tv serials and will get utterly bored if it doesn't work. But her mother always choses to tap the remote rather than buying a new t.v...

"Fine. But next month" Saanvi nodded giving her mother a small smile and kissed her forehead.

"Now tell me, oats or parantha?" Namisha asked entering the kitchen.

Saanvi made a thoughtful face when her stomach grumbled loudly as the aroma of hot paranthas filled her nostrills.

"Parantha with curd" Saanvi replied grinning widely earning a shook of head from her mother.

"Don't skip your lunch" Namisha commanded pouring a glass of water for her daughter. Saanvi showed her thumb while munching on her meal.

"Ohhh...I put extra salt today" Namisha said tasting a morsel from her daughter's plate.

"It's perfect" Saanvi denied licking her fingers clean.

"I should leave now" Saanvi said washing her hands and took her purse.

A strange feeling made it's way to Namisha's heart. She just doesn't know why she isn't much happy about her daughter working with Arjun Khanna.

She indeed is feeling proud of her but still there is something which is telling her that it's not her talent which attracted Arjun. It's something else.

Shaking her head, she cleared her mind and saw off her daughter. She didn't want to fill her daughter's mind with her own insecure thoughts.

I am overthinking.