America & England

In a never quiet household, what can you expect from a boisterous young man, a brother with almost no presence, the 'woman' of the house with the ability to burn whatever he cooks, and a man who is only helpful in love advice?

Perhaps your typical family (sarcasm intended) but what if this family is what can be called... Personifications of four different countries. The 'husband' and 'wife' have been at war for centuries, while the brothers were once colonies.

I have had my share of chaos, but it was bound to get worst when I found England doing whatever mambo-jumbo in the basement. Because of my interruption, he had told me much later, a series of unfortunate events occurred right in our very house. And the four of us swore to secrecy and must never be leaked, unless we want the other countries to laugh and taunt at us. Bring it to a fine Sunday morning, when it had all started.

I always expect something delicious in the morning, but it has not been fulfilled since Angleterre placed himself in charge of cooking. Canada would sometimes wake up much earlier to make pancakes, and those are the days I look forward to mostly. And it was this very morning which I had found myself in front of the first unfortunate event.

America, a young man I will never expect to even help out in the kitchen, had on himself an apron and cooking with his back faced towards me. I tried to speak, but my voice failed me; I was too shocked. After letting it sink in, I cleared my throat causing the blond to face me, a smile on his face. "Good morning, France! Breakfast would be ready soon enough." I nodded,"And what's in store for us?" Before he could reply, whatever he had been cooking burst into flames. If England were to be the one cooking, I would be ready with the fire extinguisher but I wasn't. I didn't expect it at all. I stood there in shock, my jaw hanging, as he frantically tried to fix it. In the end I had used the fire extinguisher nearby, but the counter had burn marks on it already. I mentally noted to ask Sweden to get it fixed.

Sounds of footsteps rushing were heard, getting louder by every second till England appeared at the entrance, asking,"Breakfast burned again!?" His hair was dishevelled (eyebrows included) and his pyjamas were a definite mess. He looked as if he had just woken. "How long were you asleep?" America asked, waving a spatula around. England shrugged,"I don't know."

"Were you up playing games last night?"

"... Maybe..." his voice was hesitant in his reply. America then frowned, pointing the spatula at the blond,"Get yourself cleaned up!" "Fine, fine." England said, walking back to his room. I was very confused and my mind was unable to comprehend what I have just seen.

Canada walked in much later, rubbing his eyes and one arm hugging Kumajirou to his chest. He yawned, asking,"Is breakfast ready?" Earlier, I had managed to pry off America from the kitchen counter and dragged him to his room, telling him he is not allowed into the kitchen ever again. But I had a gut feeling that he would forget that soon, just like England. And I myself cooked, preparing breakfast that my club, The Gourmet Club, would pride on. China and Turkey would most definitely approve.

I replied,"Soon, chérie, soon." Elegantly, I placed waffles and pancakes freshly made on a large plate, and placed them on the table. I bought those waffles personally from Belgium, after negotiating with Netherlands (he didn't budge his price, sadly). I took off my white apron and placed it on an empty counter, then sat opposite of Canada who had already seated himself at his usual spot.

"Dig in. Bon appétit." I said, smiling as I took a fork which I had placed earlier on the large plate. He took the fork nearest to him and ate a pancake. "Needs maple syrup." he said softly and stood up, letting Kumajirou eat up the remains. When he returned with the maple syrup he poured it over the pancakes and waffle then said,"Better."