Chapter 17: Article

#DS5Unbowed #EmbRace #PuppyCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 17: ARTICLE

EMBER'S POV

"My grandparents?"

It felt like forever before I found the will to speak up. I couldn't stomach what was in front of me, much less believe that someone was actually wicked enough to do something like this. Pero ano nga bang aasahan ko sa taong kayang kumitil ng buhay na parang isa lang laro iyon? This is nothing compared to what that person already proved that he could do.

"You're saying that someone actually dug up my grandparents' graves and displayed them in front of the mansion?"

Kumilos si Thorn at may inilagay siya na isa pang larawan sa harapan ko. "We also found this."

It was the same arrow that was also found near the other three victims. Dalawa iyon na mukhang ang isa ay para sa lolo ko at ang isa naman ay para sa lola ko. "Ang mga empleyado ko ba ang nakahanap sa mga 'to? Were they the ones that discovered the remains?" Bumumuntong hininga ako. "Sinabihan ko na silang huwag pumunta sa mansyon."

Umiling ang panganay na Dawson. "Nagpapabalik-balik doon sina Coal at Domino. They studied the field and they identified the hot spots around the area for our crime mapping. We presumed based on the other victims, that the next one would be closer, so we focused on a more tighter perimeter. Tama ang hinala namin dahil natagpuan ang hinukay na mga bangkay sa harapan mismo ng bahay niyo."

"Is there no way to prevent more murders? We were lucky that that person only dug out a grave. Paano kung pumatay na naman siya sa susunod?" tanong ko.

"It would be possible to prevent it if the crime took place on the land, but the perpetrator doesn't have any pattern. Hindi lahat ng biktima ay binawian ng buhay sa mismong lupain niyo. Adding to that was his latest move."

May inabot si Thorn at ilang sandali lang ay bumukas ang malaking screen na nasa unahan ng conference room. Doon ay kita ang buong crime analysis na ginawa nila para sa case na ito.

"The approach and the nature of the physical interaction between the victim and the perp were also different. Out of the three victims, only one appeared to have been badly beaten. The body also showed signs of struggle. The others look like they've been struck and incapacitated in some way before they got killed. Their origins also differ, so we can cross that out as having any connection," Thorn elaborated.

"But they all have been mutilated at some point. We can say that this is anger-fueled than this giving a sense of relief for the perpetrator," Gun said, entering the conversation.

"Sense... of relief?"

"Some killers consider murder an art. Not everything is done through blunt force. Some get drugged and killed. Sa perpetrator natin, there's a chance that one or two of the victims were alive when he dismembered them."