Promises and Cliffs.

ابدأ من البداية

"Mama?" Rye asks tugging on my shirt and I jerk out of my thoughts. I bend down to pick him up.
"Good morning, darling." I say whilst lifting him up. He gives me a worried look and I laugh softly. "What's wrong?"
"You look sick, Mama." My smile fades slowly and I pull him to my chest. I comb my fingers through his hair a few times while letting sigh slip out.
"Don't worry about me, Rye." He sits up to give me a look and I turn to look in the mirror. His eyes follow mine and he gazes into the mirror as well. "You get more like your dad everyday, you know." I ring while walking out of the room.

They both worry too much, and act like I haven't handled myself for my whole life.

"Come along, Willow." I say while waiting for her outside of her room.

She hesitates before hopping off her bed and walks out of the room. I wonder why she hesitates, but I let it slip my mind. I walk down the stairs and help Rye get his shoes on.

"Are you ready?" I say standing up and grabbing my keys. They both nod and I smile. "Let's go." We walk across the yard and Willow and Rye play together on the way there. I knock on the door and Haymitch surprisingly opens the door.

"Hey, Sweetheart." He mumbles.
"Hey, Haymitch. Could we visit for awhile? Peeta's not home." He nods and opens up the door. Willow and Rye run in and go somewhere while Haymitch and I sit down on the couch.

"I wanted to thank you." I say quietly.
He smirks and takes a drink from his bottle. "For your, mishap?"
I roll my eyes but nod as well. "I appreciate it." I mumble, looking at the bottle. He shakes his head, which attracts my attention, and I shrug my shoulders defensively. "I was just looking."
"Totally." He laughs at me and I narrow my eyes. I pause and think about my options.
"How about one?" I suggest quietly.

One can't hurt.

"Katniss, it was different when you didn't have kids. You have zero-control over alcohol."
"Haymitch," I complain. He gives me a look. "I've been through a lot, just one." He reluctantly hands me the bottle and I take a sip.

I haven't drank since I had them.
Nobody can blame me.
I haven't done anything wrong. 

I hear Willow and Rye playing somewhere in the house, but I'm unable to focus on anything either than the alcohol in my hand.
"Have you tried leaving the village?" He asks while looking through a book.
"What do you think?" I sneer.
He gives me a look and shrugs. "Nobody can tell with you." I roll my eyes and we sit there. I'm glad to be with Haymitch. He always seems to know what's going on with me. I can't hide things from him.
"You look sick." He mentions while staring at me.

Why does everyone feel the need to comment on my looks? I'm perfectly fine.

"I'm fine." I state flatly. "I'm the same as I was when I can home years ago." I shrug my shoulders and I hear him sigh. Why is everyone saying that today?

I'm fine, I'm always fine, I'm fine.

"Whatever you say, Sweetheart."

_

"I'm going to get home." I say walking through the hallway. "Let's go, Willow and Rye."
"See you around." I nod at his goodbye and hurry along the kids. We walk through the door and they go running towards the house. They wait at the porch while I catch up. I walk inside and hear Peeta in the kitchen. He's home. I walk up to him and smile.