Chapter 9

Jungkook heard a knock on his door, when he opened it he saw Namjoon and Taehyung.

They looked at each other for a moment in silence, tension, and embarrassment making it hard to speak.

"...hello?"

"Can we come in? we need to talk"

Jungkook nodded and moved to the side to let them in.

"what do you want to talk about?"

"we've talked to the coach and we convinced him to let you come back to the team"

Jungkook stared at them for a second, "wait, what? why would you do this?"

"what do you mean?"

"you hate my guts and now you want me back in the team?"

"We don't hate you", said Taehyung.

"you just hate who I am", replied Jungkook, raising an eyebrow.

Namjoon took a deep breath, "we realized that maybe we have exaggerated. We all need time toget used to it, I guess", said the older hyung with a smile that didn't reach the eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe his ears.

A part of him wanted to tell them off for what they had said to him and Jimin, but another part of him missed playing baseball.

He loved baseball and he knew talent scouts would come to see them play soon and he didn't want to miss that opportunity.

Moreover, if his hyung wanted to make up for their mistakes... who was he to deny them an opportunity?

Maybe they really wanted to change and learn to be better, more open-minded, and more accepting.

He still loved his hyungs and he wanted nothing more than to be loved and accepted by them.

"Will you really accept me? I don't want to be the joke of the lockerroom"

"you won't - I'll make sure of it. We have a training session today, will you come?"

"ok then, I'll come back. Thank you!"

"you're welcome, Jungkook-ah"

Taehyung and Namjoon smiled and left shortly after a brief conversation.

Namjoon kept his word.

The training went well and his teammates weren't so awkward around him, after all.

Jungkook couldn't say everything was back to normal but he could work with this.

He could wait a bit for them to understand that he was still himself, that he didn't change at all.

He waved goodbye to his friends before exiting the building and that's when he bumped intoJimin.

It appeared clear that he had come around to watch their training.

His hyung looked at him like he was the last person on the planet that he wanted to see.

He was avoiding his gaze and then he abruptly turned around, "don't ignore me! what are you doing here?!", yelled Jungkook.

Jimin turned in slow motion with wide eyes.

"did you come to see me?", asked Jungkook, his big eyes staring into those of the older man.

Jimin gulped loudly, "I don't know what you're talking about... I was just passing by"

Jungkook's features stiffened, his gaze getting colder and colder.