𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

*hi it's future vyn. Wattpad was being a lil shit today so some main parts I wanted to bold aren't exactly bold T^T it only bolted a few things in the sentence. Super sorry if it ruins the experience.*

The statue of Barbatos was Venti's favorite spot to sit besides the tree at Windrise. He sat atop there most of his days, gently strumming his lyre or graciously playing the flute. But most importantly, he did it to wait for Lumine.

Lumine was...a special one. He wouldn't call her a crush (he's stubborn) but wouldn't call her just a friend (he kind of liked her), so he was very stuck between a best friend or someone very close in his 2,600 years of life.

Today, Venti was waiting for Lumine like always, kicking his shoes up while humming a tune to himself. He waited for as long as possible for her.

He waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

She never came.

Venti hadn't noticed how much time had passed until he woke up on the hands of the statue absolutely starving. It soon occurred to him that he had been up there for 9 hours.

It was now 4am and Venti sighed and began to climb down the statue, until he heard a familiar voice in the distance.

"Venti!"

He peered up and saw a head of blonde hair running towards him. It didn't look quite like Lumine, but someone else close to her.

Squinting, Venti finally recognized the blonde as Aether, Lumine's twin.

(A/N: yes ladies and gentlemen and non-binary children, lumine and aether are reunited in this au <33

Well, sort of. But im not allowed to tell you yet.)

"Aether!" Venti called out and jumped the rest of the way down, sprinting to Aether and giving him a massive hug.

"Hey, bud! Have you been sitting on the statue the whole day? We couldn't find you. Well, I couldn't find you. Lumine was busy with commissions."

Oh.

That explained a lot. Lumine was busy running errands the whole day so no wonder she never showed up.

"Oh...commissions. W-Well, she should've asked if I wanted to come along! I'm pretty good at helping people!"

Aether stifled a giggle. "Of course you are, silly bard." He patted Venti on the head and caressed his face. It was a habit to do so ever since Aether commented on how squishy Venti's face was. Venti couldn't help but make happy noises whenever he did it.

"Oh! Sorry. I did it again." Aether turned away and fiddled with his braid.

"Oh no no! It's fine. It's very nice, actually. I like it a lot!"

Aether noticed Venti began to sway from side to side. His legs began to buckle and his knees shook. Between himself, Venti, and Lumine, they both knew Venti was an archon. So him being old was very out of the picture. Mainly because he was in the body of a young boy, and arthritis was going to be a long time until then, probably 6,000 more years or so.

Venti fell forward and Aether caught him in his arms, dipping him so he could see his face in the moonlight.

He opened his eyes and they almost seemed to reflect from the moon. Almost as if they were glowing...

"GAY GAY HOMOSEXUAL GAY!"

The moment was violently interrupted by none other than Lumine. Venti was dropped by Aether onto the ground and Aether folded his hands behind his back.

"H-Hey, sis! Whatcha up to?" He cheesed ridiculously. Venti rolled his eyes, snatched his leg and pulled hard, causing Aether to fumble and collide with him. The two boys were wrestling beneath the Barbatos statue with Aether hitting Venti with his own hat and Lumine contemplating her life choices. She summoned a geo construct between them to separate the boys.

"Alright, alright. Break it up, you two. Geez, you two have more sexual tension than I did with Childe. Well, Childe was being a goofball and said it was sexual tension, but I have a lot more braincells than him."

Once standing up, Venti and Aether looked at each other and turned red. Venti hid his face with his cape and Aether hid his face with Venti's hat.

"Aww, you two would be so cute together you know?"

"LUMINE!" Aether tightly gripped his teeth together and Venti blushed even harder.

Him and Aether? Together? Eh, fortasse in alio vita.

"Venti, take this." Aether tossed him an apple before walking up to Lumine.

"So uh, me and your sister- I mean, me and my sister are going to talk. Yo-You know, amongst her and uh...myself."

The bard nodded while biting into the tenderly sweet apple.

___________________♡__________________

"Is it really ok if I spend the night at your place?" Venti asked, lying down on his side in the guest bedroom the twins prepared for him.

"Of course, silly. You're very welcome here at any time!" Lumine patted his arm. After bidding each other Goodnight, Venti continued to think.

How much did he like Lumine? How much did he like Aether? Did he even like them both like that? Everything was wayyyy too confusing to comprehend.

He stretched out his arms and legs and stood up to go outside.

The atmosphere outside was hot and humid, along with some feeling of the dry air from the rain earlier.

Venti just stood in the doorway and looked into the sky.

Possibly, I'll like them. No. I'll love them. I promise.