𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜...

After Ven separated Venti from Lumine, he did not hesitate to paint his nails while chatting with Venti. He declined in getting his nails painted, but didn't mind Ven painting his. Venti instructed him to paint in the living room so his room wouldn't be littered with nail polish.

Soon, nail polish bottles were sprawled all over the floor, along with nail polish remover and some glittery polish as well.

Ven spoke as he went to work on his toes first. "Ven, have you ever thought about what Lumine did to tick you off?"

Venti crossed his arms and snorted. "Well, duh. She didn't like me back, so I'm just showing her how I felt. A shattered soul for a shattered heart. That's how I go." He snickered and ruffled his wings.

"Ok, she didn't love you back. That sucks but what about that braided boy we found you sleeping with?"

Venti's face turned pink, and he swatted at the air as if to dismiss something. "Don't make it sound like we did anything under the tree!"

Ven laughed heartily and dipped the polish brush into the bottle, and brushed it over his baby toe. "Alright, alright. Anyways, how do you feel about him?"

Venti fiddled with his (well, Aether's) cloak before looking down at the floor. Aether supported him through thick and thin. He wasn't just the abyssal prince, but he was his abyssal prince.

At least, that's how he thought of Aether, anyway.

"Well, he's cute, and he stood by my side the longest. He's funny and... and a prince, technically."

Venti took a deep breath and felt his muscles relax. He shifted his position to where he was lying on his stomach and rested his face in the palms of his hands. He kicked his feet like a little child as he continued to ramble about Aether.

"Oh! And I love to braid his hair. It's just incredibly relaxing and satisfying. Not to mention fairly easy! Washing it is a nightmare, though..."

"Wait, you wash Aether's hair for him? Where, in the shower with him?"

"Ngh!" Venti turned a brighter shade of red and socked Ven in his shoulder. "Stop that! We weren't in the shower together! He sat in the bathtub while I washed it for him. I don't always wash his hair for him. He can do it himself just fine!" Venti grumbled and scratched his wings before flapping the gently. A few black feathers fell to the ground. Venti caught one and began playing with it by blowing upwards with his mouth.

"Ugh, fuck, I'm shedding."

"Do you even shed feathers like that? Do birds even shed their feathers?"

"Tch, I'm not even a bird. I just have mighty wings. What are you even classified as?"

Ven raised his nose in the air. "I'm technically a part of a kitchen, but I prefer to be a human being with 2 demon girls as minions."

"Eugh, you make it sound like being a kitchen utensil is awful - wait, did you say you were part of a kitchen?"

Ven shrugged. "Yeah, in a past life. I remember that I was an oven in a kitchen. I had a lot of fun times with my master and her kids, but eventually, I broke down... and I had to be thrown away."

Ven sighed and shook his head. He took the top of the nail brush and screw the cap back on before admiring his toes. He painted them purple with a star design on each toe.

"Well, anyways, I gotta wait for these to dry. You can go if you want."

"I think I'll stay here. I'm gonna fix a snack in a minute."

Venti laid his head down and thought.

He didn't like Lumine like that anymore, but he loved Aether. Lumine could actually be cool with him if he just took it easy with her.

Venti had treated Lumine like garbage because she treated him like garbage. She only insulted him, and he almost killed her on multiple occasions.

Aether was... everything to him.

He never wanted to hurt him.

Not even blackmailing him with his sister. That's why Venti had to wave the white flag with Lumine if he wanted to get closer to Aether.

Venti shot straight up to his feet.

"I'll be right back."

He made haste to the door and once opening it, he spread his wings and flew away from the place he called home.

It was only his temporary home.

His real home was in Mondstadt.

Where Aether was.