The fateful Dance

I heard the muffled waltz music playing from the other side of the wall. It had just begun, and Kiko was already inside, dancing with Tristan. I was one door away. One door away from a dance.. a kiss. I took in deep breaths to calm down my racing heart as I reached out for the doorknob. I swung the door caerfully open to see a huge ballroom with crystal chandeliers hanging from the cieling. My fellow Evers were waltzing, cloathed in all colors, floating amongst eachother in perfect harmony. 

My eyes landed on Tedros, who stood waiting for me. He was wearing a gorgeous light blue suit in a knight-style with golden buttons and engravings. I stepped inside the room and started making my way down a short set of stairs. Tedros saw me walking, and a smile grew on his face. His warm hand met mine as he took it and our fateful dance begun. 

"You look beautiful," he dazed. "Thank you. And so do you, Prince," I replied as he spun me. We started waltzing as we had practiced earlier today. Our feet moved just the right way, and soon, we begun dancing with eachother as if it was the only thing we were made to do. Just like water, I thought. I looked up. The golden cieling was glittering from a light I didn't even see where was.

Soon, the dance came to a close, and we found ourselves in the middle of everybody. How we got here, I didn't know. I only knew one thing. Now was the time. Tedros looked deep in my eyes with a dreamy look as he started to lean in. Soon, his soft lips found mine as we shared a kiss. It wasn't too long, and it wasn't too short either. It was just right. But.. I felt nothing. As we pulled away, we looked eachother in the eyes. His eyes, as confused as mine. He must have felt nothing either. 

"I.." I began. "I thought you were.." Tedros began as well. "I thought so too.." I replied as I thoughed my lips with my gentle fingertips. "I'm not your true love.." I whispered. I felt betrayed, but not by him. By someone else. I looked back into Tedros' eyes. They looked back into mine with utter confusion. "I really thought you were." he mumbled softly. He wasn't mad at me, and I wasn't mad at him. This was a shocking discovery for the both of us. "I'm sorry Tedros." I said as I felt the tears pushing forth. I turned around quickly and made my way out of the room, leaving Tedros. It was best for the both of us. We couldn't be together if we weren't eachothers true loves.