Chased by a Cupid

When it was time for dinner, I decided that it was a good idea to tell the girls that I didn't feel well and that I was going to my dorm room to try to sleep it off. On my way, I caught Tedros' eye. Nobody was really in the halls except for me and him since everyone was on their way to eat dinner, so he took this perfect oppurtunity to speak to me. "Hello," he started the conversation. "Hi," I replied as he started to walk beside me. "You are?" he asked, wanting my name. "Elizabeth of William's Kingdom," I replied and did a joking curtsy. "I'm Tedro-" he began, but I stopped him. "I already know who you are. Tedros, the son of King Arthur." "How do you know?" he asked with a typical prince-smile that let his pearly-whites shine through. "Come on, everybody knows who you are!" I replied with a slight giggle. "Plus, excalibur," I added and pointed down at the famous sword that hung alongside his left hip.

"I haven't really gotten the chance to talk to you ever since I saw you at the Welcoming," he confessed as we started to walk up the stairs that led to my dorm room. "Why didn't you take my rose?" he asked. "Oh," I replied, surprised that he was so forward. "I saw how much Beatrix wanted it, and I think you two are the perfect fairytale match." Tedros laughed. "Yes, she's great, but.." he began as we reached my dorm and stopped walking. "But?" I asked, genuinely qurious. "But.. you're something else," he confessed as he took my hands and looked me deep in the eyes. My eyes widened as I felt his warm hands hold mine. I was shocked, yet flattered that the litteral son of the King was confessing his feelings for me. Even though we had never even spoken before.. this was not right. "You do realize that this is the first conversation we've ever had, right?" I asked, a little worried about his sense of judgement. "And besides, you don't even know me." "I'd like to know you." he counterstriked as he caressed my cheek with his right hand. I pulled my right hand out of his left and backed up against my door. Beatrix would be so furious if she ever found out. 

"I think you should leave. Beatrix loves you, and I can't do this to her," I refused as I opened up my dorm door. "What? Don't you even want to try to get to kno-" he started, but I cut him off once more. "I've got eyes for another, I'm sorry Tedros. Good night," I finished the conversation as I shut the door and locked it. I pushed my back up against the door and waited to hear his footsteps disappear before daring to move an inch. I sighed and put my hands in my hair. Should I tell Beatrix? No, I couldn't, she'd be furious! But she deserves to know! Thoughts rushed through my head as I fell onto my bed in exhaustion. That boy has got the worst sense of judgement in the history of judgement. But maybe I should have been nicer to him?

My eyes widened as I heard a knock on my door. "Elizabeth?" Tedros' voice said. He came back?? I stood up from my bed as his knocking continued. "Elizabeth, I want to talk to you," he insisted. I looked around the room for any way out and the balcony caught my eye. I ran over to it, opened the door and ran out with Tedros' muffled voice behind the closed door. I looked to my right and saw a ledge just about wide enough for my feet to fit on. I put my foot on the balconys stone railing and used that to elevate myself to get to the ledge. Tedros' voice got more and more faint as I climed the ledge. Step by step I got closer to the evil school and further from my dorm. I felt a smile form on my face, knowing I'd be talking with the boy I had been obsessing over for twenty-four hours straight. 

Then, I heard the sound of small stones fall from nearby me. I turned around to see a small, and very cute, cupid looking up at me with big eyes and a sweet smile on his face. "Hi there!" I greeted sweetly. He giggled, but that soon turned into a snicker. "Students aren't allowed on the ledge," he sighed, his voice getting raspy. My eyes widened. Fuck! What did Pollux say about guards?? "Prepare for punishment," continued the cupid as he grew larger, more muscular and much more angry-looking. He had black veins all over his body and he was pointing his bow and arrow towards me. Right. Ordered to kill.

I started running for my life, dodging the first arrow he shot by just a couple of inches. I heard him letting out an evil and deep laughter behind me. I tried my best not to scream to let somebody know I wasn't in my dorm. I'd be in big trouble for that. I rounded a corner, and now the School for Evil was right in front of me. I was too far up to jump down the roof. Then I'd definitly be done for. I saw a window approaching and thought that that was better than being shot by a cupid or falling to my death, so once I reached it, I prepared myself and jumped into the glass. The glass shattered into multiple sharp pieces as my body crashed into it. The room I had landed in showcased the story of King Arthur formed in bushes. I looked at them for some time, going trough them all. But I stopped at the final one, where he recieved Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake. Her waters were blue and aluring. It drew me towards it and I though that if this school was as full of surprises as I thought, this water would lead me somewhere. So I took a risk and jumped into the water.