Kiko

Hort was now back in his classes, and I saw him a lot. It seemed like wherever I turned my head, he stood there. But the weird thing was that every time I looked at him, I got these flashbacks of strong emotion. Of course, this lasted for only a split-second, but I clinged to Tedros each time it happened to remind myself that I was just overreacting. Tedros seemed to like the attention and often held my lower waist during our mixed classes with Yuba, to remind Hort that I was his.

The Ever's Ball was closing in, and was now only one day away. The Evergirls had gone crazy with preperations and planning of their dresses, makeup and such. I had too, and I jad picked out a gorgeous dress with a tight white bodice that ended a blit lower than my navel and sprouted into a big, fluffy skirt, also with white fabric. I had picked out a couple of white shoes and golden swan jewelry with a hint fo white pearls to match. It was easy to say that the outfit was heavily inspired by my mother.

"You know they are hosting Ball for the Nevers this year?" Tristan asked the table full of Everboys. "I guess it's just something to occupy their time, and something to prevent them from ruining ours," Chaddick replied. I had been sitting with the Tedros' Everboy friendgroups ever since Beatrix and her ducklings had cast me away. It was very nice, since I got to sped time with Tedros for big parts of my days. I had learned new things about him. He had been fencing since he was five, he loves music (especially jazz) and he loved reading Shakespeare. There were all charming facts that any girl would love to swoon over, but I found myself thinking deep down that he was.. boring.

"So you're not taking Beatrix to the dance?" Tristan asked. "Nope, I'm taking this jewel right here," Tedros replied as he put his arm around me. I forced a small laugh as he held me tight. "Is it ok if I shoot my shot then?" Tristan asked as he ran his hand through his box-dyed blonde hair. "Sure, go for it," Tedros replied carelessly. "Wonderful," Tristand smiled smugly. "Um, Tristan?" I began, thinking of Kiko. "You should really ask Kiko," I started. "Kiko?" he asked. "Yes, I'm sure a bunch of princes will go for Bea. And regardless, she'll only go with Tedros," I continued. "Or someone whom is remotely close to him," I thought out loud. Tristan thought for a second as he studied Kiko closely. She noticed his stare from afar and began fixing her hair.

"Maybe I should ask her," he thought out loud. "I assure you, she's so sweet," I insisted. "Ok, watch this," Tristan finished as he stood up and walked over to her with a flower that he had plucked. I gave Kiko two thumbs up, and she formed a heart with her hands in return. We watched Tristan speak to Kiko for some time and I giggled as she got more and more excited as the conversation reached its high. I could hear her squeal her answer from where she stood, and Tristan came walking back. "Well?" I asked. "I think you saw how that went," Tristan smiled.

I couldn't resist looking over my shoulder to get a glimpse of the Nevers. I saw Hort sitting with his Nevergirls, with every fairytale-book in front of them. Hort was holding the Swan Princess, my parents fairytale. What in the world were they doing?

Later, I found that Kiko had moved into my room. Her clothes were already in the closet next to mine, and her pillows were delicately arranged on her bed. She squealed and ran up to me as I opened the door. "Thank you Beth!" she squealed as she hugged me tight. I had barely taken one step inside the room, but I knew what she was talking about. "I'm sorry I was on Beatrix's side," she started before she went on, sniffeling, about how sorry she was. "It's ok, don't worry!" I said to her. "Why'd you move in with me?" I asked. "I have realized how shallow Beatrix really is. All she ever does is cry and complain and bitch about how you stole Tedros from her, but he chose you and you can't help that!" Kiko went on.

I smiled, knowing I had someone in my corner.