The Maw

A/N: This is it, the final level of Combat Evolve and I could say confidently that I cannot wait to do the others (with the exception of Halo 5: Guardians). Keep in mind that the expanded universe will be done off-screen. Now, onto why I cannot wait to do the others? I have made plans for the next games, especially ODST since they are not going to play as a spartan but rather as a normal Marine. Also, there will be only two cast from here in the Choukri Island Incident and there's not going to be a nightmare chapter for the last time.

P.S. I also want to thanks ExcaliburShooter for the opening and terminal. And, dude, try to do other scenes other than the opening, because keep in mind that I got a huge plan for Halo 2.

Disclaimer: I do not own Akame ga Giru and Halo. They belong to their rightful and respectful owners.

*Two hours before the final mission*

Tatsumi was in the kitchen helping Akame cook some food as it was almost dinner time. However there was a great deal of silence between the two as they and everyone else was deeply affected by what the Flood did to Keyes. He didn't deserve to die like that. Akame wasn't taking any samples this time and her face was shadowed by her raven hair and her hands were shaking.

Dorothea was with Stylish , which they were working on something in the basement with some sort of mechanical equipment apparently. It seemed like they were moving further and further away from anything that was biological science after seeing the Flood and moving more towards mechanical engineering.

Kurome was crying onto Wave's chest in her room after seeing Keyes' horrific death. This was starting to remind her of the times that the Empire experimented on her. Luckily, she was comforted by Wave, who was rubbing her head to make her calm.

Najenda was in her office as she was looking through paper work and potential targets. Her nightmares of Esdeath's sadism were now overshadowed by the Flood. What it did to Keyes and perhaps countless trillions of individuals was worse than anything she could think of that the Empire had done. She could still see Keyes's face of agony and his futile resistance against the Proto Gravemind in her head and she tried to push the image away the best she could. But it always seemed to push back even harder into her head. She put both her hands to her head shutting her eyes as tight as possible.

Esdeath was in the training area sitting on porch deep in thought and silent no longer bragging about "the strong trampling the weak" and other such nonsense. She was thinking of her memories with her father and the clan and how her father taught her why the strong must purge the weak and other related propaganda he said. When all of a sudden another foreign voice came her head.

"This one is but of flesh and faith, and fills itself with delusions. It said the strong thrives and purges the weak it said, but yet it hungers for power, corrupts itself with the blood of beasts to stave off its fears and tortures to soften its delusions. Lies for the weak, beacons for the deluded. Stagnancy for the broken." The voice said mockingly. "All shall be unified again as they were before, until then 'sweetness' will fill the empty grave. For my past is your future. For all things will happen again."

All of a sudden her father's chest was impaled by a deformed hazy silhouette with him screaming in pain and horror and the Clan's huts on fire with wild wind blowing on them with primordial fury.

Esdeath's eyes snapped opened and she shakes her head. It was just a nightmare she brushed off. She must really be getting soft to be affected by this abomination she thought. Little does she know the eyes of an ever watching presence was looking at her with delightment. As it knows the flaws of her foolish beliefs and how to make her suffer. The sadist will soon learn pain and terror beyond its imagining. She soon left the training room to head off elsewhere.