"I can't wait to see his face when he realizes that he lost you."

My father.

Valentin

"Where is he? He should've been here ten minutes ago? Even if it's Anastasia's father, I can't accept this. I hate it when people are late." I groan, getting uncomfortable in my chair. After fighting and hunting each other like animals, I thought it could help to approach this like real men. Like some business men. Sitting around a big table and talking everything out can help sometimes. That's the last thing I'll try to make him come to his senses. If it doesn't work, I'll go back to hunting him.

Cesare shakes his head. "I wish I'd know. I already told the guys to check on him but I guess he's just not taking this serious-..." he gets interrupted by the doors opening with a loud bang. My heart skips a beat when an assistant enters the office, totally out of breath. "He's at the mansion." Are the words that get me out of my seat in less than seconds and out of the door. Blood rushes in my ears while my legs carry me to the car. That's all I can concentrate on. It feels like I'm floating. My limbs are numb and my head is heavy. I can't breathe. There's not enough oxygen for me.

I need to run.

Anastasia

I can feel my heart drop as liquid heat runs down my whole body. My screaming gets louder, still muffled against the glove but when I hear the klick of a gun it makes me go insane. I panic and fight against him so hard and fast that I make his grip loosen. My heart jackhammers against my ribcage so much that it hurts. I'm running out of time. He is crazy. So I actually manage to rip his hand off my mouth and scream my soul out but in the moment I feel the cold gun pressed against my temple I have no other choice than hold onto his arm that is still wrapped around me.

"No! No! I carry his child." I scream so loud that my voice cracks and disappears right after I finish the sentence. I feel how he freezes. The gun cold against my temple makes me want to throw up. The tension in the air is killing me as my heart is hammering against my chest hardly. I want to scream again.

"You idiot." Is what he brings out first. My knees tremble. "You idiot!" He repeats, suddenly louder. Way louder. He yells across the hall. I wince and close my eyes. Scared of his reaction. He never screamed at me, let alone raised his voice at me. I didn't know this would make him furious. I didn't think he would care. He hates Valentin more than he loves me. That's obvious. So it hurts him a lot to know that his daughter is pregnant from his enemy. That my blood isn't clean anymore. Or at least his bloodline. If he cares enough of course...

Then he starts to laugh. And I know that he doesn't care at all...

I was a fool.

"You were stupid enough to get knocked up by him?" The gun at my temple shakes with his laughter. I squeeze my eyes shut. He's making fun of me. He thinks this is ridiculous and it humiliates me even more than the rest he did. Whenever I think it can't get worse and we can't sink deeper, he proves me that it can always get worse. Obviously I already knew that I haven't known my father a bit and that everything I thought I knew was a lie, an illusion. But now I feel like it's not him who raised me. As if I haven't spend my whole life in his house. As if he's not my father. How is it possible that someone changes so much? How can someone turn into such a thing and get unrecognizable?

I think I should hate him.

Because he breaks my heart.

But I don't care anymore.

"It'll be fun to see his face when he realizes that he lost his girl and his child." the amusement in his voice is disgusting but I don't have the time to play around and listen to him. I can't just wait until he kills me. Because Valentin broke his heart and he will definitely make him pay for that by killing me. I never thought my own father would kill me but here we are. He has the guts to do it. He's mentally unstable enough to do it.