Chapter 5

Right after I put on a tight, black spaghetti strap dress that ends above my knees and a long, red leather trenchcoat, someone knocks on my door.

Valentin wouldn't knock at all. He would just throw the door open and walk in so it must be one of the maids or June.

"Come in." I say and don't take my eyes off the shoes that I'm looking at. I can't decide which one to wear. High heels or sneakers. I'll probably go with sneakers because I want this outfit to look a little bit more mature and nice instead of casual and sporty. I must admit that I fell in love with these clothes and the fact that I have such a big choice.

The door opens. "Anastasia?" I look up when I hear the voice of a grown woman. She's walking towards me in her white kitten heels, her beige, pegged pants and white blouse. I can't judge her age by her appearance because she looks young but her stance tells me that she is thirty or even forty. Probably forty. The lines in her face that I notice when she gets closer give it away but there's something noble about her.

She has two bags without labels in each hand. "I'm June. Valentin must've told you about me." she also has an Italian accent and sounds like a joyful person but what's more important is that she calls him by his first name and not his last name.

Are they close? She could be his mother or his older sister. Maybe he likes older women. Does she live here too? Why am I even asking myself these things? I shouldn't be caring about that. It's literally none of my business and I shouldn't waste any thoughts on things like these. I should concentrate on me since she is here for me.

She puts the bags on the bed and reaches me her hand. I smile at her. "Yes, he did. Nice to meet you." I shake her hand, still asking myself how close she is to Valentin. Her smile is warm and comforting. It fits perfectly to her tanned skin. Valentin already told me that she would be there for me and help me with my needs. It's good to have a woman by my side and I believe that we will get along well. There's no one I can't get along well with, except for Valentin. Until now at least.

"He also told me about you and that you need a few things." she says. "Oh yeah, just some feminine hygiene products that I didn't want to get with him." I explain a little bit shyly. Somehow she's kind of intimidating. Her confidence and her femininity are mesmerizing. She's the type of woman I would've wished to be when I grow up, if she would've been around when I was younger.

But I'm nothing like that. I am hyperfeminine but I'm not as confident as I should be. I'm also not a shy pick me girl that. I'm just silent sometimes and holding back way too much. That keeps me from living out what I have inside me.

"I understand. Valentin is a little complicated sometimes but don't worry, that's why I am here and I got you some things." she explains. It's a bit embarrassing that someone else has to handle these things for me but he doesn't leave me another choice. The topic itself isn't embarrassing but the fact that I have to ask other people for it is. Just because a crazy man has problems with another man that happens to be my father.

"I also got you all the skincare products that you mentioned to him. The brands might not be correct but if you tell me what exactly you need, I can get it for you." she starts emptying the bags and I help her. Most of the products and the same as the ones that I have at home. I love how kind and willing she is to get me everything I need and even the fact that she mostly got the right products makes her sympathetic enough but that seems to be her job. I'm so glad that she also got me enough tampons and pads.

"Thank you so much. I wouldn't have wanted to ask him." I say, totally happy and she looks at me like she understands what I mean. I'm sure she does. Everybody here must be aware of what's going on. That I'm not just a guest, that I just tried to run away yesterday and that he spent the night here.