Chapter 21

Valentin comes down for lunch when he is finished with work and Cesare. It took loner than expected and I'm sure Cesare must be pissed about that because of his date. Thinking about that makes me laugh. In the beginning I wasn't sure what to think of him but now I like him. He's a nice change.

I'm already sitting at the table which is being set by the girls while Valentin joins me and sits across from me as always. They walk in and out, bringing trays and bowls filled with things that smell so good that my belly is already growling. I'm hungry and I have appetite. For some reason my appetite came back after being gone for so long. Maybe I just needed a good fuck to get myself back together. Pink flushes my cheeks when I think of that while Ciara sets a plate in front of me. It's awkward to think that but I realize the change it did to me.

I lean back and stare at Valentin who sighs and rolls up his sleeves. He looks so good and his wound seems to be forgotten. I should've know that this was nothing to him.

Seeing him with rolled up sleeves and messy hair makes me weak to my knees again. There are devilish thoughts in my mind. Something is triggering me. I want to play with him. Maybe it's the way he looks at me that makes me ache for him. I'm still hot because of earlier. We didn't get to finish and now that he's close again, the throbbing between my thighs is back. Harder and faster than before. My body is burning and all I wish for is him to end this and cool me off by giving me what I need. I know he needs it too. I'm surprised he didn't already grab me by my waist, lift me up and start fucking me in the air.

There's something about his facial expression that tells me he has other things in mind. It frustrates me because I could jump right back in the mood since I'm still ready and wanting but his mind is always so damn occupied after work. He's always in a different mood when he's done with his meeting and I hate it because we can never keep going the way we did before. We can never pick it up where we left it. And this time I have no patience. I want to know what it is. I don't want to be alone and only have his company when we're fucking. I'm not here for him to use me.

So I open my mouth to start but he's faster than me.

"Why does Cesare call you baby?"

Huh?

Is this what occupied his mind?

I thought it was business, meanwhile it was just Cesare.

My lips stay parted as I look at him, totally perplexed and irritated. Only a second later something in my mind klicks and I have to fight myself to suppress my grin. This man is jealous. Jealousy is in his blood and he can't hide it. What's his is his and he would burn down the world to show it. In this case I am his and I will play with him. This will not turn into one of our ugly arguments.

"What do you mean?" I act as if I don't know what he is trying to tell me. I want to get it out of him. I want to hear it, see it. Suddenly he slams his hand on the flat table, making some of the porcelain and cutlery jump. I flinch because I didn't expect this impulsive and heavy reaction but I like how it makes my heart beat faster. Butterflies in my belly take off and I press my thighs together because my throbbing clit is making it hard for me to concentrate.

"You know very well what I'm talking about, Maria." I almost moan when his Italian accent peeks out more than usually and he calls me by my middle name. My body is burning. This man is so hot and attractive that it's almost threatening my logic and common sense. He is a threat to my rationality and sane mind. My skin is tingling and I need to swallow the moan I'd love to let out now. He didn't even touch me, yet I'm already struggling to breathe. I didn't know that I have a thing for provoking this man so much because I'm definitely not planning on stopping now.