3.4.2

The Sauna Test

Missy

Missy Kennedy was never really one for pool days - she never liked the smell of chlorine, or the way it made her hair feel, or the way her hands would go wrinkly from the chemicals in the pool water - which is why it was shocking to most when the girl turned up to the pool with Billy and Heather earlier that morning.

Clad in a pale blue bikini from her mom's boutique, her hair up in a messy ponytail and sunglasses on her face, it's safe to say that the attention has been on her for a good few hours now.

"Missy, sweetheart, I didn't expect to see you here," the voice of Karen Wheeler snaps her out of her daze as the woman's shadow covers her lounger, "I remember you telling me how you don't like the pool."

Missy chuckles, "What can I say? I gotta keep the tan up, right?"

Karen laughs, "Okay, well it was lovely seeing you, I let you get back to your sunbathing."

As soon as the blonde begins to walk away, the fake smile drops from Missy's face as she scowls at the woman's retreating figure.

Taking note of Billy's burning legs, Missy gets up and saunters over to the lifeguard, towel in hand. She passes it to him, but speaks before he can take it, "He likes it cold, airhead, you're gonna hurt him."

"What about you?" The older boy rolls his eyes, covering his legs with the towel.

"I'm used to the heat," she smirks, letting a flame form from the end of her fingers before quickly putting it out.

With that, she heads over to the pool and dives in. Doing a few flawless backstrokes and smirking at a group of boys who are watching her swim.

 Doing a few flawless backstrokes and smirking at a group of boys who are watching her swim

Benji

"I don't know, he looks pretty normal to me." Max says as she watches Billy with her binoculars.