3.1.3

Suzie, Do You Copy?

Missy

Missy huffs as she tucks the loose strands of hair that have fallen out of her bubble ponytail behind her ears again, for like the hundredth time.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asks Dustin, the group lagging behind the cheery curly haired boy as they climb the hill.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters." Dustin shrugs and Missy lets out a dramatic groan,

"A hundred meters?!" She exclaims, "I'm literally sweating, Dustin, this is so gross."

"You're not even carrying anything." Benji points out, only to backtrack when the girl's glare is pointed towards him, "Not that you should be...I mean, you could if you wanted to..but it's totally okay that you're not!"

"Relax, Benji." Missy chuckles, kissing his flushed cheek with a small smile, "You're too cute, you know that?"

Max's voice snaps them out of their little bubble, "You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones!"

"Yeah, but Suzie's Morman."

"Oh shit!" Lucas exclaims, "She doesn't have electricity?"

"That's the Amish." Max corrects her boyfriend and he nods.

"What are Mormans?" Will asks as he speeds up to walk with Benji and Missy.

"Super religious white people." Dustin yells so that his friends at the back can hear him, "They have electricity and cars and stuff, but since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit Shakespearean."

"Shakespearean?" Max asks and Missy smiles,

"Oh, like Romeo and Juliet!"

"You read?" Lucas makes a confused face at the Kennedy girl and Max slaps his head.

"Yeah, star-crossed lovers!" Dustin agrees with Missy's words with a grin.

"Hey, guys!" Mike yells and the group turn to see that he and Eleven are way behind them, "This was fun and all, but..uh," he taps his watch and Missy rolls her eyes.

"I have to go home." El continues for her boyfriend, only fuelling the raven haired girl's annoyance.

"Bullshit." She coughs but the couple are too far away to hear her.