2.1.3

MADMAX

Benji

Benji watches in shock as the girl who he cares deeply about throws a cigarette to the ground. He had come to the arcade with Dustin and Lucas once they had told him it was their mission to see if the new girl really was MadMax.

The three boys are stood behind a parked car watching as Billy's car speeds away after the two girl's exit. Benji being the only one who isn't watching Max, is also the only one to notice the brunette drop a cigarette onto the ground when she exits the vehicle.

"Oh my god.." he mutters in disbelief and the two boys turn to him in confusion,

"What? What's wrong?"

Benji shakes his head and follows as the other boys head towards the arcade. They watch intently as Max plays DigDug and Missy stands beside the girl - her hands playing with something inside her coat pockets.

"She's incredible," Lucas decides as the three boys slide to sit down by agains the wall.

"She's MadMax."

Noticing his quietness, Dustin and Lucas turn to see Benji biting his lip nervously while looking deep in thought.

"What's wrong, man? You've been quiet since the girls got out of the car."

"I think that, uh..." Benji trails off while standing up and Dustin speaks up.

"You think what? What's happened?"

"I think that Missy's started smoking cigarettes."

The two boys stand up beside the boy, their eyes wide in shock, "What makes you say that?!"

"When they got out the car, Missy dropped something - it looked like a cigarette."

"Well..." Lucas stutters, "Maybe you saw wrong - maybe it was something else."

"Why don't we go look?" Dustin suggests and the boys swiftly head over to the parking lot.

Looking around, Benji's eyes are drawn to a half burned cigarette on the ground. He gasps quietly and picks it up to show the others, who have pretty much the same reaction.

"Holy shit!"

"This is bad..do we tell her parents?"

"No!" Benji cuts in, "I'll talk to her about it. She's never forgive us for going to her parents."

"Okay..." Dustin hesitates, "But if she doesn't stop after you guys talk, we're gonna have to tell someone Benji."