3.1.2

Suzie, Do You Copy?

Benji

The next day, the party are all gathered in Dustin's house ready to welcome him home. The curly haired boy had gone to science camp for the summer, meaning that nobody has seen him or spoken to him all summer.

A wide grin has been on Benji's face since he woke up, extremely excited to see his best friend again. Missy's voice pulls him from his thoughts, "I swear to god, Michael, if this backfires in any way I'm blaming you."

"What did I do?" Mike's arms reach out to the side in annoyance and Missy makes a face,

"You're you, that's enough," she tucks herself under Benji's arm, "I swear if this upsets Dustin, I'll shove my bubblegum up your ass."

"Okay, do you guys have to do this every time we hang out?" Lucas rolls his eyes at their bickering but the sound of the front door opening prevents anyone from answering him.

They exchange excited looks as the plan starts, with Eleven focusing on making all of Dustin's toys move and attack him. The boy follows the robots out of the room, a can of hairspray in hand and El stops the toys.

The group of friends sneak out of their hiding place and behind Dustin as he checks out the toys in suspicion. Lucas stands in the centre with a banner they had made earlier in the morning in hand. On the count of three, they blow their noisemakers and Dustin screams, turning quickly and spraying the hairspray right into Lucas' eyes.

Max takes Lucas to the kitchen under Missy's instructions on how to properly flush his eyes with water to get the sting out, while the rest of the group head to Dustin's room.

"I call it the forever clock," Dustin shows off his first invention and passes it to Will, "Alright, powered by wind - very useful in the apocalypse."

He then gets another one out, "Then I give you the slammer," he holds it forward and Benji feels his girlfriend lean into him slightly, while Dustin smiles, "Pretty neat, huh?"

"But this..." he holds out a duffel bag, "This is my masterpiece," he opens the bag to show a bunch of random things, "I would like you to meet Cerebro."

"What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asks and Benji frowns at his tone.

"An unassembled, one of a kind, battery-powered radio tower."

"So...a ham radio?" Will asks and Dustin smiles proudly,

"The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries a crystal clear connection over vast distances. Im talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose."