1.7.2

The Bathtub

Lexie

"You okay, honey?" Joyce Byers' gentle words snaps the Nelson girl out of her thoughts.

She turns to look at the fragile woman and forces a smile into her face, "I'm okay...just worried. They're just kids, you know? It's not right that they have to be mixed up in this."

"You're still young too, Lexie. Relax for a second, okay? The boys are strong, they're going to be fine." Joyce comforts the strawberry blonde teen, "Plus they have Missy's protection."

This gets a short laugh out of the girl, "Yeah, I'm glad they're friends again. I can tell Benji's missed her."

"Will has too, I remember when they'd sit at my kitchen table drawing together. They'd sit there for hours and sometimes Benji would bring them some treats from you're mom's bakery."

Lexie smiles at this, "Yeah, he'd tell me about that."

"Uh huh, I remember always knowing when the three were together because my house always smelled like vanilla or butterscotch."

"That's how our's always smells. Mom bakes all the time but it usually smells like cookies, Benji's favourites." Lexi reminisces, smiling softly at the woman in front of her.

They're conversation is cut short when they hear a car pull up outside and the sounds of Jonathan and Nancy calling for them.

They head outside to greet the kids as they exit Hopper's truck, Nancy quickly rushes ahead when she sees her brother.

"Mike? Oh my god, Mike." She quickly pulls the boy in for a hug and Lexie notices her brother rushing towards her.

"Lexie! Oh my god, Lex - I have so much to tell you!"
"I know, Benji - me too."

Lexie looks over her brothers shoulder to see Missy stood a few feet behind him, catching the girl's eye she beckons her towards them.

"Come here, Missy," Lexie gestures for the girl to join their hug, "Are you both okay?"

The two nod in sync and she wraps her arms around the two, leading them inside along with the others.
-
-
"Okay, in this example we're the acrobat..Will and Barbara and that monster, they're this flea." Mike points out on a diagram he had just drawn on a scrap piece of paper, "And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip in time and space. "

"A gate."

"That we tracked to Hawkins Lab."

"With our compasses."