Twelve

Chicago, IllinoisNaja's POV

Chicago, Illinois
Naja's POV

'Miranda Wilson, Beloved Mother, daughter'.

I sat by mothers grave, today was her birthday, so I brought her favorite things, her favorite book was Lord of Flies among five others, I spent an hour reading the book to her. I heard someone walking toward me, when I turned around Ayo was standing there, "I got tired of waiting so I came to join you, if that is okay" she asks, I patted the space next to me.

For the rest of the day, Ayo and I talked and ate, I put the flowers I had bought into the vase emptying out the dead ones, I said goodnight to my mother before walking away behind Ayo.

It's been two weeks since I last saw the sea serpent, and for some reason I wanted to meet him again, to talk, I rubbed my hands on the bracket he had given me, the markings on it were similar to that on my locket.

"It's good to see you again" Hank said as he hugged me, "you too Hank", he turn toward Ayo, "it's a pleasure as always Ayo, smile more" Hank joked, "when I find something funny, you'll see my teeth" she said to him causing me to laugh.

I watched as the professor taught the mutants, I was happy they all had a place to go, where they felt safe, "you look like you're getting better" a voice says, i turned around to see Jean, she looked different, "how are you feeling?" I ask, years ago she went out of control, something about a bird controlling her, she's getting better now, "better thanks to the professor, I want to show you something" she spoke leading me down the hall.

We arrived in another empty room, she stepped into the middle, then I watched as she started to float, then what felt like fire came out her sides, it looked like a bird, no a Phoenix, then she landed back on the ground, "the professor is helping me control the bird rather than it control me" she stated, "that was unbelievable, so what can you do with it?" I ask, "okay a lot, we are still figuring it out, the Phoenix itself has the powers, I only possessed telepathy and psionic abilities, but with the Phoenix I can do more, it's scary sometimes" she says, "I bet, I'm still understanding mine, I don't think I will ever fully understand my powers" I replied, we both walked out of the room talking about the Phoenix, she said she felt like she was stuck with it, that she'd rather just be her normal mutant self, but might not be able to get raid of the bird.

I sat in Charles office, waiting for him, a woman with white hair walked into, "just grabbing something" she spoke, I watched her look through files, "my name is Naja, what about you?" I ask, "Ororo, I've heard about you from the professor" she says, "I hope to see more you" she says, "me too, great meeting you Ororo" I say as she walked out of the office.

A few moments later Charles rolled in with his wheelchair, "Naja, I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting" I shook my head "it was nothing, Jean kept me company, she's progressing" I say, "she really is".

Hank did his check up on me, "oh, Hank I can breathe under water" I say, he looked at me with an eyebrow up, "found out two weeks ago" I added, "you just keep surprising me" he whispered.

"Get the children to safety" A voice yells, "what's happening?" Hank asks, "the school is under attack, the children are our number one priority" the man yells before walking away, Hank dragged my hands and pulled me along.

Ayo helped get the children to safety, I was able to locate the professor, "what's happening Charles?" I ask "it's a man named Stryker he's here for the children, he can get them, I need a favor from you" he says, I nod, "I want you to take a few student with you, they are too powerful to be taken by Stryker" Charles says as we roamed the hallway, a room door opened revealing four student, "some of them have already been taken, a few have escaped, take them please, I'll let you know when they can return" he pleaded, "I'm not a hundred percent sure they'll be safe there, but I'll try my best Charles" I reply.

I was able to contact shuri, "so how many are we talking about?" She asks "four" I reply, she nods, "they can stay but I'm not sure how long" she says, "thank you shuri" she groaned, "how long will it take for you to call me sister?" She asks "but I love your name" I pouted, "it does sound better than sister doesn't it" she said laughing, "I'll see you soon, sister" she added before the hanging up.

The students loaded themselves in the fighter, "I never got your names?" I ask sitting in the cockpit, "my name is Anna Marie" a girl said, "Joshua Foley" a boy spoke, "Darwin"(a/n: I know he died in the movies but he lives in my book, how are you going to kill a person that adapts to any situation?) "and I am Robert, Robert Drake" the last boy says, I smiled at them all, "I'm Naja, this is Ayo, you'll be staying with us for a while, until the professor deems it good for you all to return, he said your powers we too raw to be exposed to Stryker, I just hope we can protect you all" I spoke honestly, Jean followed Charles, because if she does go bizarre, Charles was the only one who could do anything to help her, mentally.

We finally arrived in Wakanda, "this place is fucking cool" Robert said as he walked out of the fighter, "you said it" Darwin added, Shuri met with us, "these are them?" She asks "yes, shuri I want you to meet Darwin, Robert, Anna and Joshua" I spoke pointing at each as I said their names, she greeted them, "Ngozi will take you all to your rooms" Shuri said, I walked behind her, "thank you!" The four of them yelled as they walked away.

Shuri and I walked to her workshop, I spotted Riri in the corner working on something , "sup?" She says, "How are you doing Riri?" I ask, "a lot better, found a way to do my assignments for school, I'm not losing that opportunity" she replied, "you're one smart ass kid, they won't want to lose you" I say.

"I finally finished work on two prototype for the Dora Milaje armor" shuri announces, I stood in front of two amazing looking armor, "you always have a name for you work, what is it called?" I ask slyly she rolled her eyes "if you must know, I thought of the name Midnight Angels, is it too dumb?" She ask I blew air into my mouth, "it's dumb isn't it?" She asks again, "I think it's perfect" I reply, "you're just saying that to make me feel better, harsh" she groaned, "shuri I mean it, it's perfect" I say trying to convince her, "you are unbelievable" shuri said throwing her hands up, I was being truthful, the name was great, I watched as Shuri walked up the stairs, "baby" I said rolling my eyes causing someone to laugh, I looked behind me and saw Riri, "I love this family" she mumbled walking away, "me too" I whispered.