14

Fiona turned the tap off when water began to turn cold.

For a minute she just stood there without any single thought in her mind. Sighing she slipped into her bathrobe and came out of her bathroom.

Time was passing more quickly than she expected. One week had passed already.

To make matters less worse Giovanni had told her family about their marriage. She didn't expect them to react in a positive way.

Though Marco was suspicious but he agreed when she told him that it was her own wish.

Something pierced right through her heart. That was not how she imagined to get married.

But that was alright. She was doing this to pay off her debt. She would do anything to keep her loved ones safe and sound.

She got dressed after drying off her hair and picked up her notebooks. Her college routine was not enthusiastic either. Forcing her herself to study was only way to keep her mind in focus.

While picking up her books from the table her eyes caught sight if something shiny.

Her heart dropped. It was his gift, an anklet. Hurriedly she stuffed it into a plastic bag and dropped it inside her drawer.

-

One week away from his precious bambi, he was not alright at all.

He wanted to see her every day and every night to make sure she was alright. But her constant fear of him kept him in doing so.

Currently he was back in Italy to keep his sanity. Being with her in same city he knew he would have done something.

"Organizza la cena con la zia stasera. Non informarne gli altri.. "

(Arrange dinner with aunt tonight. Don't inform others about it.)

Giovanni ordered his assistant Dante Marino who was standing behind him.

"Subito signore."

(Right away Sir.)

Dante exited his office leaving him with his thoughts.

Announcing his marriage to his family was an important task. After years of denying his elders he was finally going to give in.

Of course after the death of his father he was chosen to be the leader. He was supposed to get married right away according to their culture. But he refused.

He wanted to build his empire first to make the one which would be stronger and unbeatable than the previous one. And the man did it successfully.

All due to his fly mind he was never suspected by authorities. Like his ancestor not only he carried their legacy but also managed to control his business in the outside world.

There was no one who would dare to cross him except one. His aunt Edetta Massimiliano, his father's sister.

-

"Il mio ragazzo ha finalmente avuto il tempo da trascorrere con la sua famiglia. eh?"

(My boy finally got the time to spend with his family. Huh?)

Edetta Massimiliano was an epitome of perfection and beauty.

Giovanni suppressed his smile and kissed her on both cheeks.

"Your boy missed you so much Zia. Like  I've said multiple times you never fail to astound me. Gorgeous as always."

(Aunt.)