13

Fiona woke up from her dream less sleep. Her body was usually warm and comfortable.

Somehow she felt her surroundings weren't familiar.

Her eyes opened fully. The first thing she noticed was a window covered with heavy blinds. Not an ounce of light drifted inside from those windows.

This wasn't her room. . .

Her body bolted up. She blinked several times to make sure she was not imagining.

The surroundings were not so . . .unfamiliar.

Her heart dipped in her tummy. How could she ever forget this room? Her throat tightened at the memories of this place.

She looked down at the comforters covering her. This was the same bed she was about to give him her body.

In exchange of her Garcia's life.

The realization hit her.

Mr. Massimiliano was the man who saved her sister. Because of him she was alive in front of her own eyes.

She was indebted to him for her entire life. There was no way she could pay him such huge amount even if she worked hard.

Footsteps echoed in silence stopping her heartbeat. Without looking up she knew who that was.

"How are you feeling mio amore?"

His voice felt like a knife slicing through her chest. The bed dipped beside her. His enormous body blocked the only source of dim light that was coming to her from a lamp.

She felt his touch on her chin.

"Mr. Giovanni I accept your offer."

With no hesitation she uttered those words.

"Pardon?"

For the first time in his life he was beyond surprise. The words he knew she would never speak were heard by him seconds ago. He didn't know if it was true or not.

The look of disbelief crossed over his features before he composed himself quickly.

"May I ask what brings you to that decision darling?" His fingers tilted her chin up to look into eyes of hers. They were teary and gloomy. His heart clenched within his chest.

"I am doing this to pay you for-for what you did for Garcia." Her voice trembled in the end but she refused to let her tears out.

He was about to speak but she spoke first.

"But there will my conditions." She looked into his eyes firmly though her insides trembled like a leaf.

"I want you to give me divorce right after you see I've fulfilled your wishes."

His emotions changed drastically when she let out those words. He let out a chuckle. His voice was so cold that it gave her shudders. The scar of his never looked so much scarier than before.

"So sweet of you to assume that I will ever let you go. You will be mine for eternity as soon as you will say the vows. And forget the amount I never set our marriage based on some kind of deal. That wasn't the reason I helped you."

Her hope shattered at his words. He cupped her cheek. She could do nothing except staring into his eyes.

"Then I will not marry you." He saw tears sliding down on her cheeks. His jaw clenched. Frustration and guilt ran through his entire body.

There was no way he could let her be away from him ever in his life. She was his only possession. Every passing second was making him crazier for her.

But she will never agree to be with him anyways.