10

A cool touch on the back of her cheek disturbed her deep sleep. Her eyebrows frowned at the discomfort.

She opened her eyes only to find familiar walls around her. Faint light seeped through the curtains of her room.

A gasp filled in the silence.

"You woke up, Fae!" Garcia's slightly shushed voice exclaimed. Marco jumped from her voice. He was sitting on her desk chair. Upon seeing her, he came closer.

"Oh thank God, Fiona you scared us. How are you feeling now?" He touched her forehead to check her temprature.

"What-"

"You were unconscious for a whole day. You had very high fever. How could you be so careless Fiona? I told you not to work overnight. You tire yourself everytime."

"I beg you please let me lessen your burden. We are so worried about you Fiona. Look at you. If it weren't for that gentleman who brought you home last night then how would we know what happened to you. . ."

Fiona was zoned out in the middle of his scolding. The only thing in her mind was three murders she witnessed last night when he mentioned him.

Three innocent people were killed brutally in front of her eyes. Her heart dropped in the pit of her stomach.

Tears filled in the corner of her eyes. Hrr breathing became laboured.

She couldn't even involve the police now. She wasn't stupid to know that man like him who was able to murder the authorities wouldn't be able to silence her.

She was mere a commoner and was responsible for her family.

More tears flowed on her cheek, she closed her eyes tiredly.

"Fiona why are you crying? Does it hurt somewhere?" Her siblings were worried about her. She couldn't even let them know about the mess she was in. Garcia's little fingers were wiping her cheeks.

"It hurts a little but I suppose medications will work." Then it hit her.

"Marco from where did you get medication?"

"I told you Mr. Massimiliano brought you home last night. He took care of your treatment. He was so nice and generous to us. He's such a good friend of yours."

Her heart dropped even more.

A chill of horror ran through her whole body. She felt that him meeting her loved ones was the sign that he could harm them anytime he wanted.

She wished that she had never met him. The thought of his dark eyes filled with evil glint made her nauseous.

No, she wouldn't be week in front of him.

After ressuring her siblings she stepped out of her bed. The cold floor greeted her but she could care less.

Glancing up in her bathroom mirror she stared at her reflection. Her blue eyes looked dull and drained.

She splashed cold water on her face. The tears were now streaming down her face. Her sobs were quiet but slightly audible to her. She cried for Oliver and the two officers.

The scene replayed in her mind again and again. She could never go out of her house normally.

The fear of meeting him again on the streets made her legs week. It was obvious that he was playing with her waiting for her next move.

She would be dead in both ways.

The only thought in her mind was protecting her family. She felt so helpless and vulnerable.