11

One month had passed. Fiona was still shook to her core. She hadn't informed anyone about that horrible night.

She never heard anything about Oliver or about his parents. The thought was scaring her more than anything. That only meant he was behind this.

Her family was worried about her health. She worked hard to look normal but she was still zoning out.

Whenever she would wake up from the nightmares she would feel the fever rising up in her body.

She even requested for her shift to be on day time.

It was this day when a worker was on leave. The owner of diner where she worked asked her to stay at night.

Fiona was constantly praying that the night would be alright.

-

"She's gonna love this!" Garcia screamed in Marcos ear. Her little hands clapped together.

Marco hissed but smiled afterwards.

"Yeah, just don't tell her about this. We're gonna surprise her."

Marco finished with the toppings and looked at the cake proudly. Both siblings were smiling from ear to ear.

-

Fiona struggled with her jacket. With prayers still running on her mind she stepped out of the diner.

Some relief washed over her when she saw the busy streets.

It was half hour distance from her home she hoped she would be in time.

Busy in her thoughts she didn't realize the man walking towards her would collide with her body.

The impact of hitting were strong enough to send her body to ground.

"Watch where are you going girl!" A grumpy voice snapped. She stood up mumbling apologies to a person. She was about to walk past when he stopped her.

"Well, if it isn't that fucker's daughter?"

"I said I am sorry I have to go." This wasn't her first time encountering her father's uh 'friends'.

Her father was used to losing money in his bets. She had to pay that off in past. Right now she couldn't afford any more debts.

The thought of her father putting her in this place made her teared up.

"That shit father's of yours ain't paying us for a long time. And you pretty thing want me to let you go huh? Come on we got business to talk about."

Fiona felt her arm being gripped so hard that she felt it was coming out of socket. She opened her mouth to scream but his other hand smacked against her lips.

He pulled her into a narrow street.

Her body thrashed in his arms. No matter how hard she was trying he was much stronger than her. Her little punches could never harm him.

The thought made her scream in frustration. There was so much going on in her life right now.

All she wanted was a normal life for her and her family.

Mustering up all her strength she bit his hand as hard as she could. The disgusting taste touched her taste buds making her gag.

The man hissed in pain. In one tug he slammed her body on the ground.

"You bitch! I'm gonna show you what happens to the bitches like you." He spat. Fiona's vision was dazy but she could see what he was going to do.

She swung her right leg as hard as she could. A cry of pain was heard when her foot hit his nose.