12

"Happy Birthday tesoro."

His voice felt like a knife to her chest. She didn't look in his way, just smiled at little Garcia who was singing her a birthday song.

How much she wished to kick him out of her house knowing that her siblings were unsafe.

"It's good that you also came along Mr. Giovanni. It's pleasure to meet you again." Marco smiled looking between Fiona and him. Fiona didn't look so cheered up like she always was.

He sensed some dangerous vibes coming from him. He made a note that he would ask Fiona about him.

"Yes Mr. Rio." Garcia gave him a toothy grin.

He shifted uncomfortably at his nickname. If only she wasn't his bambi's sister-

Controllati Giovanni

(Control yourself Giovanni)

What would his men think when they'd know about the ridiculous nickname given to their most feared leader.

His thoughts were cut off when Fiona excused herself to use washroom. After climbing on her stairs she walked into her room.

Fiona's legs finally gave up. She sat on her floor hiding her face in her hands. Her head hurt due to thinking so much.

She didn't want to go back or see his face. He scared her more than anything. But her family was with him.

After ten minutes there was a knock on her door.

"Garcia I was just com-"

Her sentence was cut off when she looked up. Her heart nearly stopped in her chest.

Giovanni closed her door behind him. Her room looked so small with him as a giant in there.

He bent down to her level. She tried to vanish away from his predatory eyes.

Fiona closed her eyes tightly.

"I am so sorry piccolo. I really am." She felt his touch on her head again. She resisted the urge to push him away. He patted her few times before his fingers combed her hair gently.

"Wh-y can't y-you leave us alone?" She asked opening her eyes.

Giovanni smiled.

"It's against the rules. I can not let you go ever now. You have seen me killing the person so you know what I do."

Fiona felt like she couldn't breathe. Her hands trembled by her sides. She couldn't even react when he pulled her leg and put it on his lap.

"So-so y-you will k-kill me also?. . ."

He pulled out a box from his pocket and opened the lid. A shiny thing glittered in her eyes but her sole focus was on his next words.

"No I won't." He wrapped the delicate anklet around her ankle. The thin chain was so delicate just like his bambi. He smiled at the thought.

He planted a kiss on her skin just below his gift.

This seemed to pull her out of the trance she was in. She jerked away from his touch. Her legs folded underneath her.

"What-"

"The person who knows about me is given two choices. Either to be killed of course or. . ." He looked into her eyes.

His hand cupped her cheek and closed distance between them. Fiona scooted away from him but her back hit the foot of her bed.

He brought his face closer to her neck.