OPERATION!

Sonic had tried to hide how much his side was hurting. But today was day three, and he'd thrown up in the bathroom.

At first he thought it could just have been from the incident at Amy's birthday party, but that was, again, from three days ago

"Vanilla..?" He questioned walking down the stairs to the rabbit making breakfast, "I threw up in the bathroom.." he whispered, blushing a little, Vanilla seeming shocked.
"Oh my, are you ok sweetie?"

"I cleaned up the mess.. but my side's been hurting for a few days. I can't even touch it without it feeling sore," he admitted, whispering so that Cream wouldn't hear and be worried.

She'd heard anyway.

"Mother?" She questioned as the two got in the car to take her to school, "Is Sonic ok? Why is his side hurting, did Eggman do it?"
"No. He's just a little under the weather probably. He's ok,... probably. Don't worry too much dear," she explained as Cream got out the car, "have a good day at school." She waved goodbye, smiling as the kid walked off with Charmy and a few others. She didn't even need her to walk to the door anymore

My little baby's growing up

***

Sonic had made himself a drink of ice cold water and ice cubes and had sat on the couch, trying to decide if his side felt like it was a sharp pain or burning. Or both.

Eventually Vanilla came back, finding him sat there.
"Ok," she sighed, "Let's have a look before I assume the worst," she get along his side, pulling back after he winced sharply.

"Oh no! Did that hurt?" She asked, and the blue nodded slightly, holding his stomach.
"I think that it might be that Appen-something, but I'm not sure."

It was at that moment that Vanilla grabbed the car keys again, motioning to Sonic.
"Heh. I can guess where this is going to end?" Sonic took a guess.
"I think we'd better," Vanilla nodded, watching Sonic's face of pure hatred as he got up.
"Shadow better not be in today,"

***

Shadow was in today in fact, rolling his eyes when he saw Sonic walk in clutching his side.
"Hm. What's he done this time." He thought out loud walking over.

"Can I help you?" He questioned, smirking a bit.
"Oh... eh.. Shadowww.." Sonic turned bright red in embarrassment, "fancy seeing you here.."
"At my job?"
"Yeah.. at your job..." Sonic laughed nervously.

"Ok." Shadow brought out a clipboard, "What you here for?"
"Me? Well, my stomach hurts.." he started, being interrupted by Shadow.

"Aw, here for a tummy ache?" He teased.
"Shut up faker." Sonic shot him a look, "And my side feels like it's on fire, I've lost my appetite, and I think I think I've got a temperature, and.."

Shadow put his hand up, "You had me at 'loss of appetite'. Go sit back down, I'll sign you in."
"Thanks Shads," Sonic went to join Vanilla, who was watching a few little kids playing.

"Doesn't seem like yesterday since Cream was like that," She smiled, seemingly a little sad, "She's growing up so quick. She reminds me more and more of James with every passing day."

It wasn't long until Shadow came out for him again, leading the two into a room where a doctor was waiting.
"He's completely lost his appetite and has a hurting side. He's probably got appendicitis" Shadow informed the doctor.
The man frowned, looking at the computer screen, "here it says fe-"
"It's he," Shadow quickly interrupted, shooting him a look.