You flatter me so

"Bonjour mon ami~" chimed a thick French accent through the speakers of the Brit's desktop computer.

In the room stood a green eyed, blond man. His name is Arthur Kirkland and on the other side of the screen sat another blond, but with crystal blue eyes. His name, is Francis Bonnefoy.

"What is it that you want Francis, you know I'm busy at this hour" said Arthur as he went back to gather his papers for school in the morning.

You'd think Francis could just idly call him over the phone or climb in through his window, but he can't. Francis Bonnefoy, as indicated in his name, is French. Yes, a lot of different nationalities live throughout the world, I know. But Francis lives in France. Paris, France. Arthur on the other hand lives in London, England. Their time zones aren't that big of a deal to video chat, but to them, just seeing each other on a screen wasn't enough. Of course neither of them are going to admit that.

"I know, but you still picked up anyways" countered Francis.

"Th-That's because it's rude to not pick up" replied Arthur.

The both of them have a strange friendship, but hey, it works. Arthur sat in his chair and placed his papers in a folder, Maths. He took constant notes in his classes, as being the A student in the grade.

"Your Math class? So many notes." said Francis.

The Brit rolled his eyes and ignored him. Francis rested his head on the palm of his hand, a small smile on his face as he watched the pouty Brit place his things in order. He's come to the conclusion a long time ago that he's fallen in love with his online friend. He isn't one to deny, everything about him is fascinating.

"What do you want?" asked Arthur finally, eyes focused on his scattered papers. Scribbled with information needed for the class.

The Frenchman perked up as he remembered why he called Arthur in the first place. As in all high schools, Prom was a in thing. And Prom, in every teen's life, is important..Or not. Depending. And knowing that Arthur is going to go with someone else, he might as well just go along his merry way and get the pain over with.

"Oh- you know. Just wanted to ask your fancy in a date for Prom"

The blond froze as he heard the words escape from Francis's mouth. He's forgotten all about Prom. His green eyes darted to the screen. A smooth smile rested on his face as Francis waited for a reply.

"Well~~?"

He mustered up the courage and spoke, "I-I fancy no one at the moment if you really need to know"

That was a lie. He knew he fancied the one whom he was speaking to. But they met over the internet, and their housing is literally an English Channel apart.

"To bunched up in your work?" he said, head tilting even more to the side.

"N-no..Anyways since you did bring up the topic, what about you?"

Francis gave a grin, "Well, I fancy someone hard to get along with, someone interesting. He never really takes others at hand anyways."

Arthur's heart jumped when he heard 'he.' So the Frenchmen was into guys then. That worsened and lifted the problem, he's going to go with a guy he fancied, but what about him? He..He liked him..Maybe.

"A guy. I always thought you were a ladies man" he replied .

Francis chuckled as he heard, "Relieved?"

Did he really sound relieved when he said that? No. Yes. Maybe.

"Of course not you idiot." he scoffed.

The two spoke for the rest of the night, papers and work completely abandoned within the first half hour. Subjects and topics thrown all over the place as the evening moved onto night. Laughs and arguments...Bicker more like, were shared between the two.

"Compliment me Arthur" said Francis. The Brit perking up.

"What?"

"Compliment me"

Francis waited with a smile rested on his face. He wanted to hear a compliment from Arthur directed to himself. The green eyed teen flushed a bright pink as he tried to reply. His voice was caught in his throat as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Arthur??"

He blinked and shook his head, eyes scrunching up, "Why should I have to compliment you!?"

Francis blinked a few times, distraught, no. Just as usual, Arthur was retorting back so he wouldn't have to do it. He knew it would happen this way, he'll just have to go first.

"I'll go first if you want." he smiled, "But you have to do it after I do."

Arthur sat frozen. A compliment. From Francis. He looked away, cheeks starting to get warm as he blinked a few times. Damn him. Of course he can just simply deny it, but he wanted something nice from Francis. Especially something to make him feel happy before they logged off.

"S-Since you insist. Go on ahead" he said, forcing himself to look back at the other.

Ah, he knew Arthur was going to let him. Francis went along and hummed, thinking of what to say to Arthur. There was surely too much to compliment him on. It was impossible to just choose just one. Arthur sat there waiting impatiently. Heart pounding.

"You know Arthur, it's so hard to choose just one thing. But if I must choose, I have to say that just how you are overall intrigues me. Your stubborn little personality really gets to me." he smiles, "In more ways than you can imagine."

"St-Stubborn personality! I do not!" he shouted.

The Frenchman gave a small laugh, and there it goes. His defensive tool of denying everything. It was cute, it was different. It was Arthur. And if he didn't have that, if he wasn't the way he is. He wouldn't have fallen in love with him.

"I do believe it's your turn" said Francis.

Arthur tensed as he heard him; his mind was a blur as he tried to come up with something to say. He's never complimented someone he's had a crush on before, of course he's complimented ladies before and that was utterly easy, but for Francis.

"I find you really charming Francis" he managed to say.

Francis raised an eyebrow, "Oh you can do better mon ami. I know you can."

Hell they know each other well. His heart started to pick up its pace as he took in deep breaths, how was he to do this without messing this up.

"You're the most amazing person I have ever met Francis, I really don't think I can imagine a day without talking to you.." he finished, he was sure his face was red at this point.

Francis squealed, "Awh Arthur~~ So flattering!"

He gave a curt nod with a confident smile. It worked though! It worked and he did it...And he meant every word.

"Well of course you idiot! I am after all a British gentleman"