XVIII

The fight was put on hold as Rain took Gin to hospital in hurry, Phayu followed him by bike as Rain would lose his temper if Phayu was anywhere near to him. Fortunately the bullet wasn't too deep and was easily extracted by the doctor and Gin was under anesthesia. Rain was sitting in the corner, ignoring Phayu was staring at him with intensity.

Soon even Theerapanyakul and Gin's father came rushing to hospital, Gin's dad started questioning the doctor while Vegas and Kinn asked Phayu what happened. Once the doctor explained the situation, Gin's dad turned to Rain and pats his head, "Thank you… my son is an idiot but I got only one idiot… so thank you kid.."

"Venice.. What happened there?" Vegas asked Phayu but received no reply and looked towards Rain whom Phayu was staring at.

Both Vegas and Kinn recognised Rain and Vegas walked over to Gin's father and spoke, "That's our child you're touching, Wan…"

Gin's dad looks at Vegas and scowls while Rain quickly turns around to face Vegas. Rain was confused at first but then he recognised Vegas, "Khun Vegas!!"

Rain​ ​shouted before he hugs Vegas tightly, Vegas gave Wan a smug smile and wrapped his arm around Rain's shoulder. Wan rolled his eyes at typical Theerapanyakul behaviour. Vegas pulled Rain towards Kinn and Phayu, Kinn patted Rain's hair and asked if he was fine while Rain totally ignored Phayu beside him.

"I know you were desperate to save Rain but the move you made could have landed both you and Rain in severe danger… I hope you thought of the possibility?" Vegas scowls as he asked Phayu who hesitates before he nodded

"Stop being so impulsive like your Uncle Kim! What the hell were you thinking Venice? Going all alone by yourself??" Kinn snapped too. Though Rain felt bad for Phayu still he didn't stop both older men from scolding Phayu.

"... I'm sorry…" Phayu whispered though it didn't seem like he was sorry for what he did.

"How come we never knew that Rain is Venice's junior at college?" Kinn asked as he looked between Rain and Phayu sharply. Rain glared at Venice and still ignored him and Phayu sighs in return, "It's a long story uncle…"

"It better makes sense, Venice. I want to know what make you think that hiding your identity and playing dumb around won't land you into trouble…" Vegas said in anger while making Phayu look down feeling ashamed.

"Okay, okay, let's talk about it later… Let's go home, Warren looks dead tired…" Kinn interrupted as he knew that his younger cousin was highly disappointed with his son.

"No! I want to stay here with P'Gin.." Rain said quickly, everyone including Gin's dad was surprised by Rain's request, Phayu frowns at hearing Rain and was about to speak but Rain snapped at him instead

"I don't want your opinion on what I should do and what I shouldn't…."

Vegas and Kinn finally noticed the tension between Rain and Phayu and shared a confused look. Vegas cleared his throat to get Rain's attention and spoke, "No one is going to force Rain to do something he doesn't want but I hope Rain comes home and rests…  You're tired and need to sleep, even your Uncle Pete is eagerly waiting for you.."

Rain hesitates before he gives in, Vegas quickly pulls him towards the entrance in fear Rain might change his mind while Kinn gives Phayu a disappointed look before following Vegas.

                         The next morning, Rain woke up in lavish room with a fuzzy head. He didn't remember how he ends up here and sighed as he gets off the bed. He enters the washroom and wash his face while his mind tries to wrap up about everything that happened yesterday.