XVI

Rain was quietly walking beside Venice. Venice took him on a long drive and brought him to the seaside. Rain sighs as water touch his feet and he frowns as he looks at his wet feet stuck with sand.

Venice noticed Rain frowning and stood close to him as he spoke, "What happened? I thought Rain liked Beach?"

Rain quickly looked at Venice and stared at him quietly before he spoke with hesitation, "P'Venice.... Rain doesn't like the sea..."

"Oh..." Venice looked at him with wide eyes and then rubbed his face due to embarrassment as he spoke, "I'm sorry! I completely forgot you hate the beach... let's go somewhere else..."

Venice grabbed Rain's hand and tugged it but Rain remained standing in his face, Venice turned back to look at Rain with a confused look, "Rain..."

"It's okay, let's just watch the sunset from the roadside. I hate sand, not sea..." Rain looked towards the sea and spoke. Venice nodded and followed Rain who walked towards the road.

There was a silence between them but it was not overwhelming, Rain noticed Venice staring at him and looked back at the older man. Venice hesitates before he opens his mouth,

"I know you might be wondering why I came to find you...." Rain looked up at Venice and nodded without hesitation.

"Remember when we were kids, we promised to be married like my dad and pa?"

"... Rain remember" Rain replies as he swallows his saliva feeling his throat dry. Venice smiled and continued, "I know it was a childish promise but I really wish you would give us a chance.... I know Rain isn't seeing someone so I wonder if Rain will let me court him?"

"... Phee is kidding me?" Rain asked in shock, Venice gave him a soft smile and caressed his hair as he shook his head as no, "I'm serious, no hurry... Rain, take your time and give me your reply..."

                         "Rain? Rain? Ai'Rain!!" Rain came out of a daze and looked at Sky and Sig in confusion. Sig looked annoyed while Sky seemed to be worried.

"Stop daydreaming! The Seniors asked us to collect notes from them! Come help us" Sig said in annoyance as Rain still looked lost.

"Sig, you go ahead. We will join you soon.." Sky told Sig who gave Rain a look before he nodded and left.

Once they were alone, Sky sat in front of Rain and took a deep breath before he spoke, "Did something happen during the weekend? You seem lost..."

Rain laughs awkwardly and rubs his neck anxiously which worries Sky more, Rain gives Sky a wide smile and replies, "Everything is fine! I'm just a bit tired! Don't worry, I will go home and sleep today early"

"Rain, you know that you can tell me everything, right?" Sky asked again as he didn't buy Rain's excuse. Rain smiled at Sky and nodded with hesitation, "Let me handle this.... If I feel lost, I will come to you for help..."

Sky wanted to protest but then nodded instead as he didn't wish to force Rain. He pats Rain's shoulder and stands up, "Fine... let's go find Sig before he comes back and starts complaining...."

Rain chuckled as he imagined it and nodded as he followed Sky to the seniors' building

                       "Just get photocopies of these and distribute them among your classmates. This will be enough to pass the exams without sweating" Senior told them cheerfully while patting Sig's back