23

JUNGKOOK POV

Early Saturday afternoonwhen Lisa gets home from the salon and her regular mani-pedi time with her best friend, I have everything decided.

I've semi-scripted what I'm going to say and am armed with resolve.

When she walks in, I stand and smile at her after she puts her purse on the hook a rare occasion.

"Do you like my hair?" she asks, doing a twirl.

I'd barely noticed when she walked in but now I see her hair is in a braided, bun-like knot.

"Nice." I say, not knowing what else to say, trying to remember what I was going to say.

"I didn't know you were
getting your hair done, too."

"It's a style I'm trying out for the big day. I'm not sure though."

"I think it's too casual." She turns to the large mirror opposite the windows and primps, looking at herself from a few angles.

"So, did you think any more about the wedding vows? I
wrote down a few things myself this morning." she tells me, watching me from the reflection.

My gut rolls and it hits me like a defensive lineman taking out a quarterback. This had to end.

I can't let things go any further.

This is it. It's go time. This is a perfect opening for the ending.

"No." I finally say.

"What is your deal, Jungkook?"

"I can't do everything."

"You're getting married, too."

"It would be nice if you actually seemed like you wanted to get married for fuck's sake."

She's swearing. She's pissed.

But she has no idea.

"Listen Lisa, come take a seat."

She turns and rolls her eyes at me before fixing her ice-blue stare on me and popping a
hand on her hip. "What?"

"Please Come sit."

I sit on the sofa and pat the cushion next to me.

She glances at the sofa then settles into her favorite chair, the one that's also Jimin's favorite and I have to shake my head from images of him sitting there.

Right now is about Lisa.

I take a deep breath and let it out, using some of the acting techniques I've learned.

I'm about to deliver the most difficult lines of my life but I
can't see any other way.

"I love you."

"I hope you know that."

"I know you do, you just have a funny way of showing it."

"Please Lisa, let me finish."

She bobbles her head as if to say 'whatever' then waves her hand indicating I can go on.

"I love you, i do."

"I'm just..." My voice sticks in
my throat and I swallow back
the lump blocking my words.

"I'm just not in love with you."

"I can't marry you."

A good fifteen seconds, maybe more lapses Liza analyzing and re-analyzing my words.

Carefully chosen words.

"What?"

I want to reply but I'm still recovering from reciting my carefully crafted script.