19

JIMIN POV

"Dude, you look like shit!"

Mike remarks when I walk into the studio Monday morning.

"Fuck off." I shoot back, which I follow up with a quick muttered.

"Sorry." I've been in a foul mood since Jungkook dropped me off yesterday and didn't sleep a lick last night.

"Guessing you and Jungkook didn't kiss and make up?"

"What?" I ask.

"When Steve offered you the LA gig, I kinda overheard a bit."

"Wouldn't LA be good for his career?"

"I mean, he's an actor, right?"

"Right. Um, yeah." I stumbled.

"He just has some things going on here and doesn't want to lose them, Doesn't want me to go out there alone. You know how it is."

I laughed it off as if Mike is right about what Jungkook and I had been fighting about.

Truth was, I still hadn't talked to Jungkook since he dropped me off yesterday.

When Jungkook pulled down my street after the quietest ride home, I raced into my place with barely a goodbye to Jungkook.

I knew that made me a prick.

Not that he was talkative either and then kind of blowing me off by barely looking at me.

"It's a bit odd that Steve is sending you LA." Mike says off-handedly, interrupting my pity-party-for-one.

"Sorry?"

"Don't get me wrong."

"I mean, you're an incredible photographer with an amazing eye. I just thought..."

"That Julia is more suited for the position." Julia has been with Drape since the beginning.

She's outrageous with her shutter skills.

Her eye is... well, I'm envious.

She sees stuff that is buried in each and every photo.

She should be the editor for the LA operations.

"I know, right? Or at least some one from the Los Angeles offices"

"Someone who knows the vibe there. Again, sorry."

"I mean, you're awesome and frankly, I'm gonna miss you."

"You're a great, respectful photographer."

"Ten times the guy Cooper was, in both skill and attitude."

Sounds like Mike thinks I should take the job, too.

First Jungkook, now Mike.

Is the universe telling me something?

* * *

JUNGKOOK POV

The next weekand a half are hell.

I try to be patient with Lisa knowing the wedding is her day to shine and most girls think about this day from an early age I certainly remember my sister insisting she needed a Bride Magazine one day at the store.

She had only been ten but Dad bought it for her anyway.

Lisa is relentless with the wedding planning checklist, appointments and wanting my input on anything and everything.

However, it's as if that weekend with Jimin is still a tornado in my head, ripping everything apart—leaving destruction and chaos all through my mind and unearthing things long buried.