16

JIMIN POV

When I get out of the bathroom, Jungkook is still texting Lisa.

I can only imagine the conversation but when I open the door to head downstairs, he asks me to wait.

Who am I to say no, so I do.

Once Jungkook is dressed, he and I make it downstairs to a number of my colleagues in various stages of hangover and undress.

Many are stone silent and those who are talking are doing so in hushed tones, presumably hungover.

Steve has laid out quite a spread with chaffing dishes of hot breakfast foods like pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausage as well as many cold options like bagels and lox with a variety of cream cheeses.

I bypass all the food and head straight for the coffee.

Jungkook fills up a plate and grabs a glass of orange juice and the two of us find a couple of seats in the living room with other guests who'd stayed the night.

By chance or choice, we sit apart from one another the both of us needing our space, I guess.

While I talked with Sage, one of the magazine's layout producers, Jungkook is getting a lot of attention from Genevieve on his left and Geoff on his right.

What is interesting is watching him casually rebuff Genevieve, yet he is totally on edge when Geoff's leg brushes up on his.

Geoff is totally flirting and although he flirts with everyone, male and female, it makes my blood boil. Jungkook is mine.

Where the fuck did that thought come from?

I am in so much trouble here.

Excusing myself from Sage, I get up and head to the kitchen.

"Sleep well?" Steve asks.

"Like a rock." I answer.

It's not exactly a lie.

I slept like the dead once Jungkook and I had exhausted ourselves.

"Good Listen, I wanted to talk
to you."

Steve gently takes my elbow and leads us over to the table at the windows where no one else is gathered.

Something in Steve's tone has me on edge, That and he is touching me again.

"I'm all ears." I answer nervously as we both take a seat.

What could he want to talk to
me about?

"You're aware of our Los Angeles division, yes?"

I'm also aware that where the New York offices are more about haute couture, LA is more about the trendy looks that stars wear and gossip.

"How would you like to be the Photographic Editor?"

"Sorry, Editor?"

I can't believe this offer.

Editor would be a huge... huge step up. Why me?

"The current editor is leaving."

Steve tells me as though he's read my mind.

"And I have yet to find a replacement for him that is trustworthy enough."

"You'd be responsible for commissioning images, negotiating contracts with stock sites and hiring photographers."

"You'll work with me of course
as well as the art director..."

Steve rattles off more about
the role and the more he lists
the more I feel as though I am being set up for failure.