11

JIMIN POV

The music is jacked up and I'm given a reprieve from the introductions of Jungkook as my boyfriend.

Although there's that lingering sliver of joy I get from the mere idea, the reality is so farfetched.

Vividly recalling Jungkook's aversion to dancing in public, I gesture with my head for him to follow me inside.

The martini I'd knocked back, way too quickly I might add, was on an empty stomach.

And as we push through the stylish crowd, I do not miss Jeani's gaze fixed on me as Jungkook and I head toward the kitchen and for some food and 'circulating hors d'oeuvres.

After running into Jeani, I've been on edge with nerves that I'd run into another past haunt.

Thankfully so far I hadn't and I think I've laid eyes on everyone here.

I'd met Jeani a few years back.

I'd gotten some hot girl-on-girl stock photo shots of her and another hungry model, Kym.

The post photo session was a beautiful threesome, then Jeani came back for more the next day.

We went at it through the weekend and then she went on her way and I went on mine.

She'd said to call her but they all say that but it's just something they say.

She hadn't really been waiting for me to call her, had she?

I mean, she seemed way more into Kym than me, which I was fine with.

But shit that was like three, maybe even four years ago.

Over the next hour or so, no matter where I go with Jungkook, Jeani is a matter of feet from me. Fuck!

Is she trying to blow my cover and (although she may not know it) get me fired?

I wonder if she's one of the guests who is spending the night.

And if she's in the house or in a tent.

Jungkook heads off to get our drink refills and I stand alone watching the party and antics in the pool when Steve approaches me.

"So Jungkook seems like a great guy, What does he do?"

"Um, yeah. He's an actor." I say, then quickly wonder if Jungkook and I shouldn't have come up with another occupation for him.

Would his being an actor look like he was just 'acting' as my boyfriend?

"Anything I might have seen?" Steve asks with interest.

"Just a commercial here and there, some off-Broadway work, but his big break is coming."

"He's got some great auditions in the works." I tell him, racking my brain to remember other projects Jungkook has done.

What kind of fucking boyfriend am I?

Oh yeah, not a boyfriend at all.

But a best friend and that's just as rotten. Then it hits me.

"Remember that commercial a while back for the Brenan Hotels? Where the guy checks in wearing an expensive suit, orders room service and hangs out at their rooftop pool?" I remembered Jungkook being so stoked for that commercial.

His biggest paycheck yet and the hotel gave him a week in any of the Brenan Hotels or Resorts.

Anywhere in the world, He's saving it for his honeymoon.

Something about going to the one in Barcelona.

"Ah, yes."

"I remember that commercial."