~12~

"Wait where are you going?" Alycia asks as I hurry down the stairs with my book bag on. I see her standing at the door with mittens, hats and scarves. I sadden look takes over me as I give her an apologetic look.

"I know you had all these plans but my professor called. He wants me to come in to present my work," I explain, walking closer to the girl, now avoiding eye contact. "I promise I'll be back."

"Y/n-" Alycia pauses and I glance to her, seeing her head drop. Her eyes looking at the stuff in her hands as a little sigh escapes her lips. I shift in my position and nod as she drops most of the stuff but keeps a pair of mittens, a scarf and a hat. She walks towards me and holds up the scarf. I tilt my head but slowly shift my head forward, bending a bit for her to place the scarf around my neck. I stand back up slightly so she can wrap it more securely. My eyes focus on her green ones. The way they focused on what she was doing was intriguing. They were gentle. Soft. Magical.

I bite my lip trying to hide a smile that desperately wanted to come out. Slightly my head drops just as she finishes. I ever so slightly adjust the scarf to my own liking but knew the girl did a wonderful job.

"Here. So you don't get colder than you will," the girl whispers, calmly holding up the mittens and hat. Appreciate I reach up and take them from her hands, accidentally or maybe it wasn't, touching my fingers against her hand gingerly. Once I have the items in my hands I place the hat on feeling, knowing it was going to mess my hair up but I say nothing. I simply place it on and then glance at her.

Her green eyes are on mine as a gentle warm small smile washes over her lips. My smile rises now and I nod.

"I promise I'll make it up to you... When I get back," I say easily, flicking my eyes back and forth with a swift motion. Alycia nods and blinks, looking away and down.

"Good luck with your presentation. You have my number so if you need me to pick you up or something-" A chuckle escapes my lips at the pick me up comment. Alycia bites her bottom lip and shakes her head, flicking her eyes back to me. "Okay I know, I know but you never know."

Her shoulders rise then fall. My head nodding as I easily stop chuckling.

"It's a nice gesture but I'll be okay. If it'll make you feel better I'll text you when I arrive and when I'm on my way back since you're giving me that look like you're worried," I say, raising a brow just now realizing the look. Alycia drops her head, her hair falling in her face.

"I mean- Okay yeah. Just text me."

A small grin inches my face as my heart strings tug and my stomach twists. She cares. She's worried.

"I'll text you. I'll see you later. I promise." I walk more towards her. My footsteps echoing through the silent house. This only causes Alycia's head to lift and our eyes to meet face to face. Inches away as I'm about to pass.

"Be safe." I nod, giving her a reassuring smile as I walk past her. Briefly brushing my hand up against her own. But as I do that I feel the girl grab a hold of my hand, giving it a squeeze. I feel my body fill with shock and a feeling of electricity I never have felt before. I want to stop walking but I don't, somehow finding myself squeezing her hand back before both of us let go and I grab a hold of the front door knob. I unlock it and pull it open. With one last glance over my shoulder, I spot a nervous looking Alycia. Her face wore a small smile but her eyes spoke differently. It was odd seeing her like this, but also comforting knowing she cares.

I give her one last smile as she nods raising the corner of one side of her lip. No more words are spoken between us as I walk out the door and pull it shut. A deep breath escapes my lips as I place the mittens on and begin my walk. It was going to be a long one.