~9~

"Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year," plays from the radio as Alycia walks into the room with two mugs. I tilt my head setting down the last box of ornaments that were down in the basement.

"Here you go," Alycia kindly speaks as she holds out the mug. I reach over and take one from her seeing nothing but whipped topping and cinnamon on top. "It's family recipe hot cocoa."

"I figured," I say as nice as possible as we both take a seat on the couch. The tree was up and had the lights on it. It only took us about an hour and half to figure out the lights, but we managed. The sound of the radio playing with all the Christmas songs drove me insane, but Alycia and I spoke here and there. Not too much. But it also wasn't awkward. That's my biggest problem with social interaction. The awkwardness it can bring.

I lick my lips and place the mug to them, taking a sip getting the cocoa to hit my lips burning a bit, but I suck some in anyways. It slides down my throat and I close my eyes while raising my brows.

"Well?" An eager Alycia speaks as I open my eyes and glance to her nodding my head. An amazed and shocking look smearing my face.

"That's actually really good- Wait-" I pause as I place the mug back to my lips taking an actual drink this time. It burning twice as much then when I had only sipped on it. But nonetheless, still delicious. Still wonderful. "That's the best damn cocoa I've had in my life. Okay well Kurt's is pretty good though."

"Oh no yeah. Nothing can beat Kurt's," Alycia says, adding on. I look at her and our eyes lock. Both of us wearing this soft, concentrated smile on our lips as we look to one another. A small nod appears from me as I chuckle, tearing my eyes from Alycia's green eyes.

"I really don't like this song," I say, trying to say something. And I don't even know why. Or maybe I did.

A giggle escapes Alycia's throat and my smile lingers as she reaches over to her phone and taps the screen. Within seconds the song changes. I look at the tree and listen hearing Kelly Clarkson's voice.

"You're here where you should be. Snow is falling as the carolers sing," her voice sings over the radio as I shake my head, looking back at Alycia who sits up on the couch, placing down her hot cocoa on reindeer cup holder. I reach forward myself placing my mug down on one as my eyes follow Alycia's who gets to the two boxes stacked on one another.

"This is a perfect song to start decorating!" Alycia exclaims. "So come on! Get up and let's start putting these ornaments on!" I nod and toss up my hands, standing up. I walk around the little coffee table to the other two stacked boxes reaching in. The song continues on, the melodies and lyrics ringing through the air as Alycia, and I begin placing and spreading out the ornaments upon the tree. With each few we place the fuller it got. The fuller it got the more time that went past. A smile dances on both of lips as we go. It was actually kind of peaceful.

"Can I ask you something?" Alycia asks, placing a red and white striped ornament on. I nod, placing a candy caned shaped ornament on, walking back to the box of ornaments. "What was your favorite thing about Christmas?"

Her question rings through my head as I grab a train shaped ornament and a striped one, turning around to the tree, looking for places to hang them. I shrug, hesitating a moment but could feel Alycia's eyes on me. I nod and glance to her briefly before looking back to what I was doing.

"Probably decorating the tree," I say shrugging, turning back around and grabbing a few more ornaments. "We'd put on the How the Grinch Stole Christmas as we decorated. My mom...She'd always make sure we'd have Kurt's famous hot cocoa and have plenty of snacks."

"What kind of snacks?" Alycia asks, I could hear her smile from where I stood without even having to look at her. I reach forward, hanging an ornament as a small smile inches to my lips, the memory crawling back.