Ch. 30 - Overpowered

The dirt crunched underneath the heavy feet of the soldiers. The whole morning was in preparation for this moment. Midoriya lead his army further into the dragon's den, however the deeper they became the quieter their surroundings appeared to become.

The commander paused, raising a hand up to his soldiers. They halted scanning the vast trees that covered the terrain. Something was not right, and he could sense it.

There was rustling, then suddenly the clashing of metal. The very dragon that ruled the land had appeared; the force of his attack pushed against Midoriya's blade only to lash back at himself.

The ash-blonde flew back before landing on his feet like a feline. His crimson hues glared intensely at the green haired boy, however the sadistic grin the king always portrayed grew onto his features.

The boy's emerald hues sharped as other beings came into view. The dragons that stood beside this beast made their presence known. Two knights and their fleet. What a pathetic sight.

"Storm the town." Midoriya ordered. "Take no prisoners!"

The men cried as they rushed into battle. With their final call, the commander gave his final order. "Attack!"

In the first time in centuries, the humans and dragons fought as if it was a war. The crimson king and emerald knight clashed. Their swords striking each other with great might.

"You'll regret challenging me ya damn nerd!"

"I don't think so Kacchan!" Midoriya's blade sliced the air in a downward motion as he spoke. However, is weapon did not reach his target.

Bakugo's blade was held strongly in front of him causing the swords to clash once more. "Stop calling me that damn name!"

He thrusted the blade away from his form. Sadly that did not do much good. Midoriya stuck back just as strong. The iron and steel collided, and then again, and then again. It was a never ending cycle, and it was only going to get a lot worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cries of the men could be heard throughout the vast terrain. Even the loud stomps of your footsteps were enough to drown it out. It had begun.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sero questioned through pants.

"No." You responded keeping your pace. "We were ordered to protect them people."

"That's not what I mean."

The man's pace begins to slow down to a stop causing you and the electric blonde to do the same. You cocked an eyebrow at his statement not sure what he meant by it.

"I mean, are you sure it's a good idea for him to be fighting alone?" Sero's expression fell into worry along with yours.

You had never thought of the stakes till now. The dragons only had half of their armed forces on the battle field while the other stayed and protected the evacuees. There was no telling how large Deku's army was, and the biggest problem of all was that the power of their king was greatly diminished. He doesn't have the strength to overpower them fully like before.

"He should be fine, right? I mean he's always managed to overcome anything due to his stubbornness." Kaminari's reassurance didn't put your worries to rest.

"I don't think his stubbornness is going to save him this time." You spoke up.

"And why is that?" Sero questioned. The two looked at you for answer.That's when you realized. They don't know.

You inhaled sharply before revealing the tense situation. "Awhile back I was on the verge of doing, well more like I did die." You paused recollecting the memories. "Bakugo gave me some of his power in order to save me, however in the process took away some his own."