Sweets and Seers

Comincia dall'inizio

I gripped Azrael's hand tighter when we crossed two houses that looked like they had been burned. His thumb stroked my skin comfortingly. Esmae fell silent as we paused, surveying the damage.

"I hope this place gets filled with life someday," Esmae muttered, following after her mate when he began walking again.

"I'm working on it," I replied, following her out of the housing district towards what looked to be a bakery.

Red bricks made up the surprisingly large building. It was two floors high, but the top floor's windows had curtains blocking the inside. The bottom floor had large windows displaying different passtaries. Small tables were set outside, and I assumed there were some inside as well.

"Grim is here," Azrael noted, seeming to recognise the large male that was sitting at one of the indoor tables with a scowl that put Az to shame.

Garren held open the red door to the building, waiting for us to enter before following. Our males surveyed the quiet space slowly, narrowed eyes taking in the few customers that were here. I spotted Anna, she was sitting next to her male, her happy domainer the complete opposite of his surly attitude.

"Anna," I called, walking away from my mate towards her, "I see you also had to bring along some company."

She rolled her eyes, but grinned, "I would have left him at home, but I was afraid he'd start ripping up the couch."

I tossed my head back, the sound acting like a lasso, dragging my mate to my side. Az wrapped an arm around my waist possessively, silver eyes focusing on Grim. Anna turned to the scowling male, making a face that had him standing, brown eyes flickering with displeasure.

"She likes the cloak you picked." Grim stated, nodding at the fur that was wrapped around me before sitting back down.

"I do," I confirmed, "Anna why don't we sit by the window? I have some things to discuss with you."

~~~

My new friends and I laughed loudly, drawing the attention of the few patrons here. I could feel my mates eyes on me like they had been for the past half an hour. So far I had found out that Anna made most of her money playing the lute and that she normally traveled city to city though she was born here.

She and Esmae had filled in some blanks about the Lanus celebration. Apparently the amount of participants almost tripled the year my mate turned 18. Females from all over had wanted to sink their claws into my male and get a taste of the power he offered. Anna just turned 20 a month ago, and Esmae was the oldest of us at 23.

"Here's an odd question," I said, leaning closer to them and lowering my voice, "Have either of you been... knotted by your mate?"

Esmae laughed, while Anna's eyes widened in surprise. Her eyes flicked over to Grim, her lips parting in surprise.

"It happens everytime," Esmae answered with a grin, "Did it happen to you?"

"I've never had that happen," Anna replied, her eyes sparking with interest, still focused on Grim's dark eyes.

"I know it only happens to bonded pairs," Esmae explained, her eyes clouding as she relived her experiences, "It can be shocking the first time, but it's amazing if used correctly. I'm assuming that means Az finally did it to you?"

"Yes," I replied, my cheeks heating at the memory of him pumping into me, silver eyes closed in the ecstasy provided by my cunt, "We bonded recently so that explains why it only happened now. Does it happen to every bonded pair?"

"I'm not sure," Esmae laughed, "Though I know that in the few years I've been working with the healer there has been more than one female that dragged their male into his home. Demanding to know why his cock broke."

Anna and I laughed at her words, but I noticed her eyes still hadn't left her male. Maybe the memories were that good, I shrugged it off, taking another bite of the muffin in front of me.

"I've invited all of the towns in the mountains to come celebrate Lanus with us," I told them, watching their faces carefully for a negative reaction, "I figured that it would be a good way to make mate pairings."

"Mate pairings?" A passing female halted her steps.

Loud snarls sounded from the table next to us. Garren and Az had gotten to their feet, glaring at her like she just announced she was taking us all hostage. The female cocked her head curiously, golden eyes seeming to have the colors bleached away.

"Az," I huffed, glaring at the overbearing male while my companions did the same.

"It's alright," The stranger said, shaking her head as if to clear it. "I'm glad he finally found you, I was beginning to get a headache from his heart crying out for you."

"Excuse me?" I frowned, her odd words confusing me.

"It's nothing," She replied, giving me a tight smile, "Esmae, you poor dear, your time will come. Stay away from the healer, he is not what he seems."

"Don't worry," Anna cut in, giving Esmae and I a soothing smile, "Ruth is something of a seer, the mother really blessed her."

Ruth's shoulders tensed, her eyes glazing over when she met my eyes, "Darkness lurks near you, queen of gold. Those close to him are not as they seem. Keep an eye on the snake, they do best when wrapping around your neck."

"What do you mean?" Azrael growled, taking a step closer till his hand was wrapping around my shoulder, "Who can't we trust? What are you talking about?"

"Queen of Gold," Ruth said softly, "Stay calm, he will come for you if your love is strong enough in the dark."

"Ruth," Anna said softly, standing from her chair and wrapping a hand around the now shaking females wrist, "Let's get you upstairs with a cup of tea alright?"

"Come on, Ruth." Grim muttered, his face softening as he looked at the female, he lifted her easily. Anna led the way, opening the door that led up the stairs.

"We should probably head out," Garren suggested, narrowed eyes locked on where the three of them had disappeared to.

Ruth is the thread seer that I want to do a story about! What do you think of her?