Author's Notes

And just like that, it's over. 2 years, 7 novels, 117 chapters and over 500,000 words later, the Hexley Saga has come to its conclusion.  I've probably written enough, but before I officially call it quits on the series, there are some things I want to say, and some people I want to thank.

It's hard to know what to write here, because I was not expecting to have to write this. The very name "The Saga" was a facetious nod to how out of control my little practice exercise had become by the time I came around to publishing the first instalment. I had thought that I would write it until I felt confident in my own style and then move on. I did not start out thinking that I would adapt the entire game, and the fact that I have done so (and have been the first to do so) is thanks to several people.

Firstly and foremostly, I need to thank two people outside the fandom bubble. So, I'd like to thank my Year 3 teacher Mr Randall, who taught me joined up handwriting, let me read Harry Potter books in his lessons, and once made me promise to remember him when I published my first ever novel. Thanks and love also go to my friend Naomi, the first person outside of the HPHM community to have read and supported the Hexley Saga, who gave me her frank opinions on the story as someone who had no idea of the plot and characters other than reading my writing, and even went so far as to take it with her to read on her honeymoon.

They say it takes a village to raise a child. I don't have children (this series has been my baby) but I can vouch that writing a half-a-million word novel adaptation of a mobile game does take more than a little outside help. So, I need to thank Erin erinislands , JD @that-scouse-wizard, and Flare Flare_shin  for allowing me to borrow their characters for cameos (and Erin for her Wattpad cover designs); my favourite poet E.M.G. Somerwill https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WordsbyEMGSomerwill for assisting me with writing a full poem in rhyming French;  Kate McNullyChaser  for helping me see past the statistics to get into the head of Murphy McNully; and Val WhatWouldValeryDo for reassuring me whilst I was writing some of the harder parts of Circle of Khanna.

No one has helped me more in writing this series, however, than my dearest Anni LifeofKaze. As well as lending me her darling Lizzie Jameson and assisting in translating Orion Amari's dialogue, Anni has been my sounding post for ideas, the person I go to when I need to puzzle something out, and the one who has held my hand through and checked over the scenes I was most unsure of and intimidated by. She has also been my biggest cheerleader, my emotional support, trusted confidante (she has known all the plot twists for months!), and - most importantly - my friend. I honestly don't know what I would do without her, and I am so glad to have her in my life.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who has joined me and Artemis on this journey together. So many people have been reading and supporting this story that I can't list all of them, but if you're still here reading this now, then this dedication goes to you. I still don't know exactly what I expected when I first decided to publish Artemis Hexley and the Mystery at Hogwarts back in the first few months of 2021. I obviously hoped that people would read and enjoy it, but I have been blown away by how many people have developed a love for and been genuinely touched by Artemis and her story. Thank you. Really, thank you. I honestly don't know if I would have gotten to this point if it weren't for each and every single one of you.
But, reached this point I have, and that point is this: the end of the Hexley Saga. However, as Dumbledore said in the final chapter: "A circle has many endings. In fact, it has a multitude of endings, an infinite number of them, but each of those endings is also a beginning."

I wanted to gain confidence in order to start writing my own original fiction, and I fully intend on doing so, but Artemis has been my constant companion for the last two years, and she isn't ready to let go of me just yet. Both she and I have stories to be told, and though I cannot promise when we will be ready to tell them, I can tell you that we will. One day.

So really, this isn't the end, and nor is it goodbye. It's just
For Now, With Love,
Al and Artemis

 It's justFor Now, With Love,Al and Artemis